Another cool thing about working from home...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I loved working from home.

working Pj's
eating whenever/whatever you want
no boss's looking over your shoulder
no COWorkers
no wasting gas

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
I could never go back to having a boss. So much more enjoyment in life not being on a strict schedule and answering to other people constantly. Nice to take days off when you want. Sleep in when you want. Take a break and surf the net or watch a movie. Go sit in the sun.

Ah crap I should get some work done this month I guess. j/ik I work hard. But it's 10 times more enjoyable and easier when I get to do it when I want. I get a lot more done actually. It's better for the mind and body. To tired take a break! Take a day off! Hit it hard the next day. You never get burned out and are actually a lot more productive in the end.

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000
I've worked from home for the past year. It definitely has it's benefits. Sometimes I miss the daily social interaction with co-workers etc. though

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Colt45
You can do that at work too.

not if you eat the amount of garlic I eat ;)

And another: a nice, properly made cappuccino for free.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: jfall
I've worked from home for the past year. It definitely has it's benefits. Sometimes I miss the daily social interaction with co-workers etc. though

This is actually my first day doing this, but I'm not going to be at home all the time. If I can get 2 days at home a week, I'd be happy.

My patio is definitely a much better place to work than the office ;)

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I was given an option to work from home. Too many distractions here. It's not very professional here. My old boss takes her frustrations out on me. I should have expected that, my old group was petty when people were promoted out. And no leadership to fix that.
I look behind me today, and she mounted a webcam pointed towards my area. wtf? are they that keneiving(sp)?
Anyway, it looks like I'll be working from home tomorrow.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Personally, I prefer not to work at home, as I feel the interaction with my coworkers and the development team is very important. We also have a lot of fun here, while getting the job done. At home I find it too easy to get distracted and unfocused.

Originally posted by: foghorn67
wtf? are they that keneiving(sp)?

Wow, you certainly mangled that one. The word is "conniving".

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Personally, I prefer not to work at home, as I feel the interaction with my coworkers and the development team is very important. We also have a lot of fun here, while getting the job done. At home I find it too easy to get distracted and unfocused.

Originally posted by: foghorn67
wtf? are they that keneiving(sp)?

Wow, you certainly mangled that one. The word is "conniving".
Maybe he was wondering if they were going to crash a motorcycle into his junk.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: jfall

I'm not a terribly social person, but this aspect is starting to get to me as well.