another badger badger badger like flash

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Racist? Because they have MLK dancing in African native attire? I guess everyone ignored the fact that almost all the white people were nazis.

Seems like it's an equal opportunity offender using equal stereotypes on both sides.

But the reactions here show how lopsided sensitivity is to these things.

Jfrag Teh Foul

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Racist? Because they have MLK dancing in African native attire? I guess everyone ignored the fact that almost all the white people were nazis.

Seems like it's an equal opportunity offender using equal stereotypes on both sides.

But the reactions here show how lopsided sensitivity is to these things.

Agreed.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
This is nothing like badger badger because that was actuatly good(well, you know what i mean), this is just asinine and racist.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: tweakmm
This is nothing like badger badger because that was actuatly good(well, you know what i mean), this is just asinine and racist.

Yeah. They had all the white people as Nazis. I hate this racist crap.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
that was the lamest thing ive ever seen
and ruined a perfectly good cover of "im your boogie man" by white zombie.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

Well, nazis and KKK, maybe it's just me but I'm haivng trouble understanding what you are trying to be sarcastic about. I mean it's not very racist but in my opinion the racist overtones are there.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Well, nazis and KKK, maybe it's just me but I'm haivng trouble understanding what you are trying to be sarcastic about. I mean it's not very racist but in my opinion the racist overtones are there.

If it portrays BOTH black and white people in stereotypes, how is it racist???

The white people were portrayed as Nazis and the one black person was portrayed as dancing in native African attire.

Now, think about this OBJECTIVELY. Just HOW was this "racist" and against whom?

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

The white people were portrayed as Nazis and the one black person was portrayed as dancing in native African attire.

Ah, now I see what you are talking about, but I don't agree that being in the KKK or the nazi party is a stereotype for white people. I thought of the flash as a bunch of white suppremecist images with MLK dancing around in some african tribe constume in the jungle. Maybe there were some more images later on in the flash that re-enforced your point because honestly I had to close it about a minute in as I could feel my brain shrinking.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Ah, now I see what you are talking about, but I don't agree that being in the KKK or the nazi party is a stereotype for white people. I thought of the flash as a bunch of white suppremecist images with MLK dancing around in some african tribe constume in the jungle. Maybe there were some more images later on in the flash that re-enforced your point because honestly I had to close it about a minute in as I could feel my brain shrinking.

Believe it or not, many black Americans see wearing African native attire as a sign of ethinic pride. NO white Americans except racists see Nazi or KKK outfits as ethinic pride.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

Believe it or not, many black Americans see wearing African native attire as a sign of ethinic pride. NO white Americans except racists see Nazi or KKK outfits as ethinic pride.
Ethnic pride has nothing to do with this flash, given it's context nobody is going to get pride out of anything contained in it. Let me clear something up, I don't necessarily feel that it is meant to be overtly racist, it just has racist overtones. I really suspect that the flash is the product of some adderalled up 10 year old who managed to pirate a copy of Flash and doesn't know any better.

Humans are racist. Always have been, always will be.