"Anon delivers scans of scientology staff training manual"

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
http://www.mediafire.com/?1nigyffbas8

Theres stuff against Scientology all over digg. There is some weird stuff in the manual (i just saw pictures of it from people who posted screens), like how to "sell" Scientology to friends. Creepy.

Edit: I hope this isn't a repost, I searched for it and it wasn't up.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
who gives a shit

scientology is no more or less wack then any other organized religion

FLAME ON

Text

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Ns1
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

I know you're just baiting, but really, most other religions want nothing more than for people to be nice and giving to each other. All Scientology seems to promote is to get more people in to give the organization more money. It's like a pyramid scheme or something.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

I know you're just baiting, but really, most other religions want nothing more than for people to be nice and giving to each other. All Scientology seems to promote is to get more people in to give the organization more money. It's like a pyramid scheme or something.

similar to uh, tithing? i mean shit, i see churches that cost MILLIONS being built. that money has to come somewhere...

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

similar to uh, tithing? i mean shit, i see churches that cost MILLIONS being built. that money has to come somewhere...

Are you talking about big churches like the Catholic church, Mormon church, and such? I agree with you if so. If you mean all churches/religions, you are very wrong.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

What religions are you thinking of? Rastafarianism maybe? The major religions are built upon foundations of blood.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: RapidSnail
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

Are you talking about big churches like the Catholic church, Mormon church, and such? I agree with you if so. If you mean all churches/religions, you are very wrong.

I feel strongly against organized religion. I have no problems with people believing in a higher being and whatnot.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

Errmmm... I'm not sure what misconceptions you may have about the Catholic church, but a lot of the money they take in they turn right around and give back to those in need. I don't know what the churches in your neighborhood look like, but all the ones I've been to certainly aren't lined with gold or anything, and they are quite open with people about where the money is going if you care to ask. I don't reckon I see many priests wearing three thousand dollar suits or living in mansions.

You're entitled to your opinion about their teachings and beliefs, but you'll have a hard time convincing people that they don't help those in need or turn people away.

If you're up for a little hour long experiment, try going to a Catholic church this Sunday and see if they kick you out when you don't open up your wallet. Nobody in Catholicism has ever been told that they can't decide to give up on the church... they certainly don't recommend it but your choices are your own. From what I've heard about Scientology though, the same of all these statements are not true.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

The big difference is that Christians don't make you pay X number of dollars to get the next "level" of their faith.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

The big difference is that Christians don't make you pay X number of dollars to get the next "level" of their faith.

meh, no sweat off my back. i don't see Scientologists declaring a crusade against infidels either ;)

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
What religions are you thinking of? Rastafarianism maybe? The major religions are built upon foundations of blood.
Except possibly Buddhism, though some call it more of a philosophy than a religion. Guy sits under tree, figures out a primary cause of suffering, tells people about it. Peace. Yay. That is a nice thing about Buddhism - material possessions may be a cause of suffering, but they don't go around enforcing this by destroying things. If you want to find happiness through their philosophy, fine. If not, fine.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

Scientology is worse than other religions in that its leadership does not actually believe in it.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

I feel strongly against organized religion. I have no problems with people believing in a higher being and whatnot.

You know, I'm a Catholic, and I donate to my church (though it is by no means required). Most people give $2-$25/week during mass. With this money, they do such evil things as pay for the church's heating/electric bills, provide low/no cost marraige and family counciling, offer no cost catered funeral receptions, and dozens of other community programs. I have no problem being with an organization that does so much good for people.

And before you start with the worn out priest/pedo jokes (which while it only affected like .01% of people in the priesthood), the media blew that whole thing so out of proportion that it pretty much scarred the image of Catholics forever.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Injury

Errmmm... I'm not sure what misconceptions you may have about the Catholic church, but a lot of the money they take in they turn right around and give back as out of court settlements to those they've molested.

Fixed it for you.

The Catholic Church's primary concern is the financial health of the Catholic Church. Their giving back to the poor starts only after they've paid for their lawyers, their victims, their stained glass, their gold fixtures and their infrastructure.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

meh, no sweat off my back. i don't see Scientologists declaring a crusade against infidels either ;)

Nor will you see that in any other church now. You're taking the attitudes and politics of society 1000 years ago and making it sound like they're valid today.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

Nor will you see that in any other church now. You're taking the attitudes and politics of society 1000 years ago and making it sound like they're valid today.

Couldn't you argue the same thing about the church of scientology?

maybe what they're doing "today" isn't valid, but in 1000 years from now?

I don't know enough about the CoS to make a valid opinion, and skimming through wikipedia just makes me go WTF. that said, they haven't impacted my life in anyway and don't bother me so I could care less.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
who gives a shit

FLAME ON

Text

That had more to do with the times than the religion itself. You don't see Christians trying that shit anymore.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004

Errmmm... I'm not sure what misconceptions you may have about the Catholic church, but a lot of the money they take in they turn right around and give back as out of court settlements to those they've molested.

Fixed it for you.

Okey-dokey I'm a jackass that doesn't know what I'm talking about so I'm gonna turn around and insult Catholcism because I have nothing useful to add to this discussion!

Fixed your statement in the same way.

You may not be of the understanding that a lot of times their "gold fixtures" (which are few and far between, if any) are either: a) actually brass, bronze or similar "cheaper" metals or b) donated. As stated previously, the amount of priests actually accused was well below what you may believe.

Feel free to add more rude, biased, ignorance to the thread though, I'm sure they've done more good today than you will do in your lifetime. Maybe before you start insulting Catholicism you could actually step inside a church instead before you start trying start mudslinging... but I wouldn't expect a Troll like you to do anything but sit on your fat ass and bitch about things that don't affect you. There's a difference between making a statement and trying to blatently insult, and if you can't see it then you should shut it.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

Fixed it for you.

Okey-dokey I'm a jackass that doesn't know what I'm talking about so I'm gonna turn around and insult Catholcism because I have nothing useful to add to this discussion!

Fixed your statement in the same way.

You may not be of the understanding that a lot of times their "gold fixtures" (which are few and far between, if any) are either: a) actually brass, bronze or similar "cheaper" metals or b) donated. As stated previously, the amount of priests actually accused was well below what you may believe.

Feel free to add more rude, biased, ignorance to the thread though, I'm sure they've done more good today than you will do in your lifetime. Maybe before you start insulting Catholicism you could actually step inside a church instead before you start trying start mudslinging... but I wouldn't expect a Troll like you to do anything but sit on your fat ass and bitch about things that don't affect you. There's a difference between making a statement and trying to blatently insult, and if you can't see it then you should shut it.

IIRC, GalHalfrunt(sp?) spent years inside the church, hence his new bitterness.

On a side note, have there been any reports of violent attacks in the name of scientology, or protests/actions that disrupt people in their normal lives?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
As stated previously, the amount of priests actually accused was well below what you may believe.

Wrong-o Zippy. That 0.2% the Catholic Church likes to feed to their easily fooled followers is a blatant lie. It takes every priest who has ever lived and used pedophilia stats from a VERY narrow timeframe. In the real world its 2% to 5% in some areas. That's 2% to 5% WHO HAVE BEEN CAUGHT!!! That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The sad truth about sexual predators is that most are not caught. The full depth of the ongoing crimes will never be known because most victims don't come forward. So it might be 10% or ever higher. But even if you take only those we know about and make the ridiculous assumption that they were the only ones it's still as much at 10 times to 50 times more than the Church wants you to believe.

You really should take a few seconds to educate yourself about the atrocities committed by your own religion. Then you might have something intelligent to offer in a thread instead of the sad and pathetic shouts of "TROLL!!!" everytime somebody uses FACTS to bring up something that you're trying to pretend never happened.

The facts are the facts. It's 2% to 5% of priest who HAVE BEEN CAUGHT. Deal with it. And instead of whining when somebody mentions those facts why don't you direct your cries of outrage towards those who perpetrated the crimes and the absentee god who allowed them to happen instead of getting mad at those who mention it. That's the really disturbing part about you folks who have been brainwashed so thoroughly. You're not mad at the priests or at god, you're mad at the people who remind you about it.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Couldn't you argue the same thing about the church of scientology?

maybe what they're doing "today" isn't valid, but in 1000 years from now?

I don't know enough about the CoS to make a valid opinion, and skimming through wikipedia just makes me go WTF. that said, they haven't impacted my life in anyway and don't bother me so I could care less.

No, you can't. Scientology was something a guy "made up" in the 50's in order to make money. It uses brain washing techniques and cultism to gain members, and I'm not aware of any cause for helping humanity that Scientology has helped progress.

1000 years ago, we were a brutal civilization. There were no "world" rules, no human rights, and governments were dominated by self righteous kings that were interested in nothing more than wealth and keeping power. They kept power by keeping the people uneducated and poor. If a king got wind of someone that could cause an uprising, he would order the person imprisoned or even killed in a hideous manner on a whim. NONE of this would fly today or most likely anytime in the foreseeable future. We've evolved a lot in the last millennium, and I'm sure we'll continue to grow, but the foundation of human rights will place us in higher regard than our 1000 year old ancestors.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
IIRC, GalHalfrunt(sp?) spent years inside the church, hence his new bitterness.

On a side note, have there been any reports of violent attacks in the name of scientology, or protests/actions that disrupt people in their normal lives?

If that's true he's welcome to his bitterness but doesn't need to take it out on others in the form of "editing" a perfectly true post to seem as though I should be insulting the church. It'd be a different story if he chose to make an unquoted post, but to change a quote in that manner isn't fair and only makes him look like a jerk.