Anomalous Temps?

Salv

Jun 27, 2012
I've been checking the temperature regularly on my new system and it's been perfectly fine, only the GPU appears to be going beyond 60 under general stress but one thing is bothering me. HWMonitor is reporting that 'CPUTIN' is reaching a much higher maximum than anything else.

Currently it's at 34(C), with a minimum of 32 and a max of 81. That's basically the same as the four cores on my i5 except there's a thirty degree difference between the highest temps. It has gone as high as 88 before but since I turn my PC off regularly, I can't recall if it has ever hit anything further.

I'm wondering if this is an anomalous reading? I've never actually seen CPUTIN's current value display on anything beyond 36 or thereabouts, let alone actually sit on a high temperature for an extended period of time. Is there anything I can use to double check this? SpeedFan and Real Temp recorded almost exactly the same numbers as HWMonitor yet I couldn't see any separate value that represented the equivalent of 'CPUTIN' in either program.

Apologies if there's a more relevant forum for this topic.

Thanks.

Rhyalus

Jun 27, 2012
It is bogus.

Download AIDA64 and you will see. I have read threads about this in other forums.

I did not learn why this happens.

R

Salv

Jun 27, 2012
I decided to watch HWMonitor to see if it actually displayed these high maximums as the current temperature at all. Unsuprisingly, it doesn't. It stayed at 33(C) while the maximum went from 65 to 66. So, based on that, I'd assume it's either not hitting those temps at all, or it's doing it so quick that it can't even display it as the current temperature (if that's even possible?).

I've also downloaded AIDA but as far as I can see, it doesn't record max temps. However, they're all equally low across the board, just as they are in HWMonitor, CPUTIN's max temp aside.

It doesn't seem like there's anything more to be done about it, so I'll just see how it goes from now on.

Last edited: