Annual clown prize awarded today

Carlis

May 19, 2006
The annual clown prize, also known as the Nobel peace price has been awarded to the EU. The prize is awarded for screwing up the economy, especially in south Europe and inspiring the greeks to dress up in nazi uniforms to welcome Angela Merkel.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
The Norwegian Nobel Committee in Oslo awards the Nobel Peace Prize to the European Union for peaceful reconciliation after World War II and spreading democracy.

Hmmmm.

I'm starting to see a pattern of poor decision making on the part of the awards committee.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
I'm just curious how they came to this conclusion. I was in Yugoslavia right after the war and that was messed up.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
When Obama can win one for just being POTUS is a clear sign this "peace" prize has to be scrapped.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
When Obama can win one for just being POTUS is a clear sign this "peace" prize has to be scrapped.

pretty much.

after that i lost any care on who won. its a joke. give it to obama? for what? being black and not bush?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
pretty much.

after that i lost any care on who won. its a joke. give it to obama? for what? being black and not bush?

Many saw it as a down payment on Iraq and Afghanistan and he has duly delivered. He's ended the Iraq war and says he will be out by 2014.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
It's kind of odd when you have winners like Martin Luther King, Gorbachev, George Marshall, and Mother Teresa along side Obama and the EU.

I'm not a big fan of these pity prizes lately.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
He's ended the Iraq war and says he will be out by 2014.

He has done no such thing, but you spilt some Kool-aide on your shirt.

He has still done nothing that deserves a "peace" prize.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Many saw it as a down payment on Iraq and Afghanistan and he has duly delivered. He's ended the Iraq war and says he will be out by 2014.

He actually was increasing the number of people at war while accepting a prize for peace...

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

You don't normally award prizes for things people promise to do in the future.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
It's kind of odd when you have winners like Martin Luther King, Gorbachev, George Marshall, and Mother Teresa along side Obama and the EU.

I'm not a big fan of these pity prizes lately.

EU and Obama are definitely jokes, but that doesn't mean the other winners necessarily deserved them as well.*cough*

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Lets see who has won.

Al Gore- He made a movie about global warming.
Obama- He won because he was black.
EU- They won for I don't know what.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
And every day the Swiss are grateful that they aren't part of the EU.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The annual clown prize, also known as the Nobel peace price has been awarded to the EU. The prize is awarded for screwing up the economy, especially in south Europe and inspiring the greeks to dress up in nazi uniforms to welcome Angela Merkel.

while I think the award is indeed a bit silly, to not recognize that the award is aimed at Europe's amazing ability, since 1945, to not spend every other year trying to kill each other, is rather fucking remarkable.

I mean, to not "get" that, one has to be "history-challenged"....to say the least.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

what? bwhahahahah good joke.

ohh you are being serious..wow.