Anno 2070 is fun

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
"Upgraded your GPU? That will be $60 please." It doesn't matter whether the DRM is causing problems or not anymore. It's the principle of it. Until Ubisoft strips DRM from their Steam games, I will not be playing them, let alone paying for them.

actually, i did upgrade my gpu after i had both settlers and splinter cell installed. splinter cell didn't cause any problems. i haven't played settlers since then though, so not sure if it works ok or not.

mirandu04

Aug 29, 2011
loving the game and playing it like a mad man!
nice change of perspective from the producers

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I do, if you give them your money you're just encouraging them to keep using their crappy DRM. If you pirate you give them a reason to cry foul, and try to implement even more draconian DRM.

I'd say the best course of action is to smash Ubi's CEO's car with a bat, then take some pictures of his daughter at the playground and mail them to him, asking to stop with the DRM.

They would cry fowl anyways and blame piracy no matter what.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
just launched settlers 7 without a hitch. didn't even mention that my hardware had changed.

i upgraded from crossfired 4850s to a gtx 580 a few months ago.

why am i not having problems?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
So I finally started playing this game yesterday.... awesome!

I had some problems running the game at first, it kept crashing and I was all like WTF DRM SHIT and then I saw my video drivers were not up-to-date so I updated that and then all the problems went away - woohoo! Game is really fun and the interface is so sleek and groovy!

This should hold me over till Diablo 3 :)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'd say the best course of action is to smash Ubi's CEO's car with a bat, then take some pictures of his daughter at the playground and mail them to him, asking to stop with the DRM.

what is wrong with you?

:biggrin: Some people can't take a joke.

Hey guys, pontifex here has never had a problem with ubi's drm so it's ok to stop with the hate, and let's all go and buy a bunch of ubisoft games to celebrate!

To be fair, this is kind of how I feel about GFWL. I have over a dozen games that use it, and I've never had a single problem, so why should I stop buying them?

Then again... Ubisoft's DRM is a whole other level of evil. So yeah, no... I'm not buying any Ubi games that aren't heavily discounted. :p