Anita Dunn leaving as WH Comm Director

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I would argue that point. Most of the posters here are liberal altruist non-thinkers who happen to agree with your own political thinking. Fox news is easily the least biased news source on TV in the US.

You want to wipe your ass with the Constitution, fine! Just say so. Don't call a news organization biased because they don't agree with your narrow, altruistic, illogical viewpoint.

If Glen Beck gets people fired from the Adm. you should think about why the Adm. is sweeping it's members under the rug, not how awful a person GB is.
The facts say otherwise, but don't let that intrude on your deluded view of the world. Sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting "liberal media" to each other is so much easier than critical thinking.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Apparently from my response above, people think that I like MSNBC. Honestly, they're all very (not slightly) biased news sources. NPR is about the least biased source.

*chuckle*

Only leftists thing NPR is the least biased, mainly because their leftist slant agrees ones personal beliefs.

sandmanwake

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
Its always due to family reasons, but one wonders how much the Fox News dust-up she started factored into this. While I think she is correct in that Fux is not a mainstream news organization and often disingenuous, I don't think its helpful for the WH to be leading the charge. Little too George W Douchy IMO.

You're right in that it's probably not the best idea for the WH to be leading the charge, but what do you do when the other "news" organizations who should be leading the charge aren't doing their job? What do you do when you repeatedly get punched in the face and those who should be doing something about it don't do anything? Do you stand there and let the beating continue or do you punch back?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
GWB was think skinned?

Ya. Countless examples, but remember when Helen Thomas asked him a 'hard question' and was moved from her traditional front seat and asking the first question to not called on.

He surrounded himself with people who wouldn't challenge his opinions and showed little if any interest in any dissenting opinions, where other presidents say that's important.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
*chuckle*

Only leftists thing NPR is the least biased, mainly because their leftist slant agrees ones personal beliefs.

Nope, leftists, centrists, and rational conservatives would probably all agree with that statement.

You're not in that demo and thus are feeling a little left out, it's ok, I'll be your friend.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
You're right in that it's probably not the best idea for the WH to be leading the charge, but what do you do when the other "news" organizations who should be leading the charge aren't doing their job? What do you do when you repeatedly get punched in the face and those who should be doing something about it don't do anything? Do you stand there and let the beating continue or do you punch back?

MSNBC savages them every night I think, and Daily Show mocks them ceaselessly (along w/ CNN and the other cable channels in general.) Fox is the best at providing the material.

I wouldn't say they are left alone, but, as soon as the WH is out in front making these accusations, it changes the nature of the debate. It becomes a partisan political fight between gov't and the media. The media should be duking it out themselves. Between the cable shows and the blogosphere, there are plenty of people to attack Fox.

The WH said their bit, Fox deserved it (esp if they have commentators on their morning shows calling the president a racist and a Nazi), but they should then drop it publicly. They got the ball rolling, let other forces in the media fight the fight. Its too much of a dangerous precedent otherwise.
W tainted his office so much by the manipulation and corruption of the media, I wish Obama to be better than that.