Anita Dunn leaving as WH Comm Director

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Anita Dunn, the White House communications director, is leaving the White House at the end of the month, sources tell ABC News. She will remain a consultant to the White House advising with long-term communications planning and other strategic issues.
Dunn will be replaced by the deputy communications director, Dan Pfeiffer.
Dunn’s departure was expected; she came on board temporarily earlier this year when communications director Ellen Moran left for a more family-friendly position at the Department of Commerce. Dunn, who advised then-Sen. Obama during the campaign, always said she was here temporarily because she wants to spend more time with her teenage son.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/11/dunn-out-pfeiffer-up-at-white-house-communications-shop.html

Its always due to family reasons, but one wonders how much the Fox News dust-up she started factored into this. While I think she is correct in that Fux is not a mainstream news organization and often disingenuous, I don't think its helpful for the WH to be leading the charge. Little too George W Douchy IMO.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Its always due to family reasons, but one wonders how much the Fox News dust-up she started factored into this. While I think she is correct in that Fux is not a mainstream news organization and often disingenuous, I don't think its helpful for the WH to be leading the charge. Little too George W Douchy IMO.
Jealous much :rolleyes:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I would prefer all out war with Fox. Fox is a Nazi disease machine bent on the destruction of American freedom and should face the extermination it seeks for others.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Apparently freedom of press/speech is very relative, depending on how much of a liberal you are.
Freedom of speech/press as long as you agree with them. It's typical of almost every dictatorship, especially the one Obama is creating and so desperately desires. Dear Leader can't have any dissent ya know. He learned very well from Alinsky on how to control the message.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
I wonder who Beck will target next for elimination within the administration.

He has targeted 2 people and both are now gone.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
I would prefer all out war with Fox. Fox is a Nazi disease machine bent on the destruction of American freedom and should face the extermination it seeks for others.
You should seek some counseling... Remember dissent against the Administration IS patriotic.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Administrator
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
You should seek some counseling... Remember dissent against the Administration IS patriotic.
No, it's not a matter of dissent. What people are opposed to is the degree of distortion by Fox. The public, in general, believes that news organizations are truthful & act without an agenda. At least most of the posters here are smarter than the average citizen - and know better.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
No, it's not a matter of dissent. What people are opposed to is the degree of distortion by Fox. The public, in general, believes that news organizations are truthful & act without an agenda. At least most of the posters here are smarter than the average citizen - and know better.
Which is why they get their news from a reliable, unbiased source, like MSNBC, dailykos, or moveon.

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
I would argue that point. Most of the posters here are liberal altruist non-thinkers who happen to agree with your own political thinking. Fox news is easily the least biased news source on TV in the US.

You want to wipe your ass with the Constitution, fine! Just say so. Don't call a news organization biased because they don't agree with your narrow, altruistic, illogical viewpoint.

If Glen Beck gets people fired from the Adm. you should think about why the Adm. is sweeping it's members under the rug, not how awful a person GB is.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
So just so we're all clear, hiring people who openly admire Mau and Chavez is perfectly all right and demonstrates no agenda. However, showing clips of these people talking about how much they admire Mau and Chavez is agenda-driven distortion. Therefore the proper, unbiased role of the media is to help liberals continue to lie to the public about who they are and what they want.

Ah, the wisdom of the dumb masses. Liberalism - it's better than thinking!

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
So what then ..... tune into MSNBC and watch Olbermann?

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
So what then ..... tune into MSNBC and watch Olbermann?
Yep. There's no spin in any of their shows.

Gosh, I switched over to Maddow one day last week to see what she was blabbing about, caught another of her anti-tea party rants. She attacks the "teabaggers", calling them violent radical extremists, and shows a few clips from the town hall meetings few months ago to prove her point. Looking back at them is kinda weird. Those violent radical extremists highlighted in Maddow's clips at their most violent, most radical, most extreme moments... booed while remaining seated! Oh the horror!!! Not the boos!!! Take cover, he's about to sit down!!!

No spin there, just well-researched facts

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Yep. There's no spin in any of their shows.

Gosh, I switched over to Maddow one day last week to see what she was blabbing about, caught another of her anti-tea party rants. She attacks the "teabaggers", calling them violent radical extremists, and shows a few clips from the town hall meetings few months ago to prove her point. Looking back at them is kinda weird. Those violent radical extremists highlighted in Maddow's clips at their most violent, most radical, most extreme moments... booed while remaining seated! Oh the horror!!! Not the boos!!! Take cover, he's about to sit down!!!

No spin there, just well-researched facts
The "teabaggers" for the most part are idiots...

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
OMG I just peed my pants laughing at this statement.
NBC will be controlled by Comcast in the future. Comcast does not have the same agenda as the current owners of NBC. Expect changes as Comcast tries to lure people away from the other stations and push their own agenda.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY