Anime Metropolis

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
i saw it. it's not bad. Very good animation. the art is weird. kind of popeye-esque. INteresting storyline too.
it's about this HUGE city that pretty much depends too much on technology. Hijinks ensue. (It's not a comedy)

It's worth watching. I wouldn't buy it on DVD though. A definite rental though

Desturel

Nov 25, 2001
I watched it in the theather. It put me to sleep. The art is nice, but it was a bit boring for a remake. I'd say rent before you buy (of course I've bought the DVD since I still want to see the end, but I'm different :) )

dukdukgoos

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
Amazing animation, some of the best ever. Story is okay, but I found myself missing important story elements cause I was always gawking at the visuals. :) I'd see it again.

saftey

Banned
Apr 29, 2002
the morale ,the plot everything has already been done before that movie was horrible i forgot the animator but he loves his 1950's americana look.There are maybe 4 amazing scenes of integrated cg

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
i bought the dvd before seeing the movie and i like it way better than akira. akira confused the hell out of me. maybe i shouldnt try watching the movie half asleep. metropolis is tied with princess monoke for my favorite anime movies.

on a side note, are PS2s capable of playing the mini DVD that came with metropolis when the PS2 is in the veritcal position? i know it works when horizontal, but my PS2 is primarily almost always in the vertical position.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< i bought the dvd before seeing the movie and i like it way better than akira. akira confused the hell out of me. maybe i shouldnt try watching the movie half asleep. metropolis is tied with princess monoke for my favorite anime movies.

on a side note, are PS2s capable of playing the mini DVD that came with metropolis when the PS2 is in the veritcal position? i know it works when horizontal, but my PS2 is primarily almost always in the vertical position.
>>

I couldn't follow akira even fully awake. I'm sure I missed some stuff in the translation, but I don't believe people when they say that it's one of the best animes out there. It had great visuals, but I just didn't like how the story flowed. It seemed forced in many places (probably due to the translation)

Desturel

Nov 25, 2001

<< I couldn't follow akira even fully awake. I'm sure I missed some stuff in the translation, but I don't believe people when they say that it's one of the best animes out there. It had great visuals, but I just didn't like how the story flowed. It seemed forced in many places (probably due to the translation) >>

Akira is based off of 12 novels. It's the first I think three books in the series compacted down into a 2 hour movie. Imagine how well all of Lord of the Rings would a compacted down into a single 2 hour movie and you understand why Akira was confusing.

saftey

Banned
Apr 29, 2002
comparing akira to metropolis is ridiculous .metropolis was tired and shoved slow scenary and story line the whole way through atleast akira had its high actions points.what would you say metropolis' were?the scene where she goes crazy and the whole city is falling apart?lame movie.