Android - Remote Access/Help Software

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Are there any apps to remotely control your Android device? This is not remotely accessing your desktop PC but accessing your Android device from a desktop PC. The app must not require root access.

There's Teamviewer for Samsung devices only which does what I need. However, the apps that the company I work for are supported on more than just Samsung devices.

Last month, I had a nightmare of a call and it took me over an hour to walk the client through downloading the app, installing, and testing. Something that usually takes me 5 minutes if I did it myself. Not the client's fault. He was a really nice guy but he's technically clueless. It took nearly an hour for him to open up a web browser, finding the URL bar, typing in the download URL and then installing the app.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Are there any apps to remotely control your Android device? This is not remotely accessing your desktop PC but accessing your Android device from a desktop PC. The app must not require root access.

There's Teamviewer for Samsung devices only which does what I need. However, the apps that the company I work for are supported on more than just Samsung devices.

Last month, I had a nightmare of a call and it took me over an hour to walk the client through downloading the app, installing, and testing. Something that usually takes me 5 minutes if I did it myself. Not the client's fault. He was a really nice guy but he's technically clueless. It took nearly an hour for him to open up a web browser, finding the URL bar, typing in the download URL and then installing the app.

You could have just emailed it and got him to click on the link.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

I will look into this.

Why was this guy given a smartphone? :confused:

Cause it's not a smartphone. There's no cell signal involved. There's a proprietary app on the Android device that interfaces with our main software via WiFi. This guy was an extreme example but having gone through it once...I don't want to experience that again.

You could have just emailed it and got him to click on the link.

Yes. But then I would still be spending an hour with him helping him link his email account to the Android tablet. Kind of a "heads you win, tails I lose" situation.