Android app to kill all battery draining apps/functions?

Mar 15, 2003
I have a galaxy s6 edge that has been dismal when it comes to battery life. I had to be on standby today at pre-k and was literally sitting in a room with no wifi or cell signal, so put on airplane mode, turn on power saving mode, and set brightness to 50%. Still, a phone that was at 100% at 08:00 was absolutely dead by noon just listening to spotify and playing about an hour of candy crush. So I couldn't even call a cab! Anyways, I plan on just reading my textbooks and listening to spotify tomorrow (yes, they make us sit on standby 3 days in a row), and this is something I could do for 11+ hours on an iPhone... I'm don't thinking my phone will make it, any apps to kill literally every bogus samsung eye tracker and useless battery killing piece of bloat AND radio to put the phone into a sort iPod mode, in as few steps as possible? I was actually thinking about buying an iPod, but it's so lame to have to carry around a phone and an iPod... Hmm..

yes, i'm taking every opportunity to bash the s6 edge's battery, and yes I could carry around my usb battery pack, but then i have to carry around a man bag and be the dork with cables on his lap (i don't see it, at all, in an auditorium of bore parents playing on their iPhones), and I'm brown and new there, I always feel like either Macguyver or ISIS when I whip out the paraphernalia.. So any easy way to salvage this ship, or just shut up and order the 6s already?

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I haven't heard of an app that will kill apps that simply drain battery. You simply have to find out which app is doing that and figure out why, perhaps sync issue, and then fix the issue not just kill it.
If you have root download wakelock detector, this will show you which app is awake and draining the battery. Cpu spy will show you if you're phone is going into deep sleep or if its awake when its off.
If listening to spotify and playing some cc is depleting your battery then the answer is pretty simply, its cc and spotify draining your battery.

Also you have to realize that the extremely fast soc on the s6 is also part of the problem, if it can complete a task in 5 seconds compared to the sd810 that does it in 10 seconds, you now have 5 extra seconds to do another, which means you will waste more battery in 10 seconds compared to the slower soc.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't know if such a thing exists. I guess it hasn't been rooted yet? AFAIK, that's the only way to make meaningful changes to phones. Otherwise, disable anything you don't use. Dunno what the S6 allows to be disabled.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Greenify works well, it works even better if you're rooted and have xposed framework.

Mar 15, 2003
I don't know if such a thing exists. I guess it hasn't been rooted yet? AFAIK, that's the only way to make meaningful changes to phones. Otherwise, disable anything you don't use. Dunno what the S6 allows to be disabled.

I barely have anything on it - spotify, google music, pool,Facebook, and cc. Don't even make that many calls. I'll do google research, but is rooting the s6 pretty straightforward? Could I totally kill touchwiz by rooting? My hunch is that it's not my apps (i have less than 10) but touchwiz sensor background tasks. I've disable what i could figure out, i'm guessing many are eating up resources.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Maybe something is wrong with your S6 edge. Been using one for a week or so now and while I wouldn't say it has stellar battery life, it's not as bad as you're describing.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Dunno about root. It can be a button push, a pita, or currently impossible. Search "galaxy s6 carrier_name", and see what's up. Careful of sketchy sites though. XDA is reliable. You're pretty much stuck with touchwiz unless you get root, and flash a new rom which can have other potential problems. With root, touchwiz can be tamed by disabling system apps, but you can also bork your device. If you're unsure, read before disabling/removing.

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
Anandtech had significantly better battery life in their clean review sample:

73787.png

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a long time back, the Facebook app caused horrible wakelocks.

You might try a wipe, and then don't install anything and see if it's what you've put on it.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
The Facebook app sucks battery like no other, in my experience.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Cleansweep has been working well for me for hibernating apps that suck up juice.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Candy Crush drained the battery on my Nexus tablet in about 2 hours (main reason I stopped playing it pretty quickly) when normal web use/book reading gets 8-10 hours. It might be the culprit in your case as well.