Andrew Luck vs RG3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

When all is said and done when they retire, who do you think will be deemed the bette

• Luck

• RG3

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I hope Luck doesn't work out.. after screwing Peyton and the 2011 ticket holders and fans by sandbagging I think that's all Indy deserves.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, but they looked like Tebow threw them compared to the beauty and perfection of Andrew Luck.

The ONLY reason for RG3s long balls (uh-huh-huh...balls) is because of his scrambling and run ability outside the pocket.

Here is where I would normally warn you that crack kills, but I can only assume that you are in a methenphetamine dominated region of the country.

so yeah...lay off the meth, bro.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I hope Luck doesn't work out.. after screwing Peyton and the 2011 ticket holders and fans by sandbagging I think that's all Indy deserves.

Not really sure about "screwing Peyton". What choice did they really have? They were on the hook for something like 50 million (salary + roster bonus) and his health was really up in the air. I don't really think that's screwing him. That's business. They would have absolutely crippled their salary cap and buying power if they brought him back. You could argue that the contract was terrible to offer in the first place but that was wrote up before the situation they were in.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
People who vote Luck over RG3 are hiding their racism behind the veil of a blind poll. What they're really saying is that a black can never be as good of a quarterback as a white. My proof of this racism is the fact that RG3 is clearly the better quarterback. He sets the standard for passing QB's with a phenomenal rating.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
People who vote Luck over RG3 are hiding their racism behind the veil of a blind poll. What they're really saying is that a black can never be as good of a quarterback as a white. My proof of this racism is the fact that RG3 is clearly the better quarterback. He sets the standard for passing QB's with a phenomenal rating.

You're an idiot.

KT

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I voted Luck, but Russell Wilson is my favourite and who I will be rooting for. Dude is awesome.

KT

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
In the long run, Luck. Right now, RG3.
This.

Do not look forward to playing against RG3 for the foreseeable future. If RG3 stays healthy/modifies his play style a but it could change. I think he's better than Luck, I just doubt his durability running so much.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

You're an idiot.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

You're an idiot.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009

You're an idiot.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Not really sure about "screwing Peyton". What choice did they really have? They were on the hook for something like 50 million (salary + roster bonus) and his health was really up in the air. I don't really think that's screwing him. That's business. They would have absolutely crippled their salary cap and buying power if they brought him back. You could argue that the contract was terrible to offer in the first place but that was wrote up before the situation they were in.

Hell, it was a no brainer decision for the Colts. The best decision they could have possibly made.

The Indy fans are the luckiest in the NFL. Most teams spend years hoping to get another franchise qb and the Colts just spent one year in purgatory and got a get out of hell card free.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Yeah, but they looked like Tebow threw them compared to the beauty and perfection of Andrew Luck.

The ONLY reason for RG3s long balls (uh-huh-huh...balls) is because of his scrambling and run ability outside the pocket.

RG3 doesn't throw downfield with accuracy and heat? Go home... you drunk.

Sure his legs opens things up, but he still has to make the throws.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2004
Hell, it was a no brainer decision for the Colts. The best decision they could have possibly made.

The Indy fans are the luckiest in the NFL. Most teams spend years hoping to get another franchise qb and the Colts just spent one year in purgatory and got a get out of hell card free.

eh, if it were me I'd keep Peyton and have drafted Luck. Obviously, it's worked out nicely, but you know, if they had kept Manning, they could've traded him at season's end and gotten a king's ransom.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
RG3 doesn't throw downfield with accuracy and heat? Go home... you drunk.

Sure his legs opens things up, but he still has to make the throws.

It's a lot easier, and takes less QB talent to make a throw to a busted up play when he scrambles outside the pocket. Don't have to be near as accurate, receivers are more open.

That's why he's not as good a Luck as a QB or passer.

He's a run first QB, Luck is a supremely skilled passing QB and will go down as one of the greats.

Is anybody seriously trying to make the arugment that RG3 is a better passer than Luck? REALLY?