Anderson Cooper makes MyPillow guy look like a guy who shouldn't even be allowed to sell pillows.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Kinda reminds me of something I saw at the grocery store...
f606ad7dc625c2fafe36c63894cea0b4.jpg

Cold in there, eh?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's always fun to watch psychopaths devoid of moral standards express how much they believe in themselves. And why not? Look at the money they make from suckers' paranoid fears. It's genius to sell pillows to people who want to be asleep.

Imagine the conservative panic that would ensue if a cure for insanity was found. Think of the forces that would be brought to bear to keep it from coming to market.
Did you just say 'was found instead of 'were found'? Eew and yuck!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just watched that interview. I thought Anderson could have been just as cutting without talking over him, but the guest was doing it too. I get the need to shut egregious lies down immediately though.

That sweaty ex crack head turned evangelical treason supporter strikes me as a man with no morals, but like dipshit he has a desire to make money no matter the environment. Guy absolutely reeks of mega church pastor and used car salesman, but the TDS is also pretty cringe worthy.

Just another bible thumping asshole doing what he can for the politics that keep him paid. Funny how the "pro-life" crowd is so passionate about their right to make money off of things that can be decidedly anti-life. HCQ anyone?

May the contempt for science and the public good haunt these fools for centuries.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
First ad of his I saw on TV, I knew he was trouble, cross and all.
The most dishonest people I dealt with in business were those that wore their religion on their sleeve. If they wanted to pray over a contract, or offer a handshake in lieu of a signed contract, it was a big hard NO! Even with signed contracts, collections were a constant chore, until I simple put them on a payment in advance of services plan.

If they wore a large cross necklace over their shirt and tie, I would overprice or simply tell them I couldn't provide what they wanted, and since they usually wanted something for nothing, that was indeed a fact.

The same was true in personal life, but usually didn't involve money, and could be simply told to fuck off.

The life of an atheist in the babble bible belt

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I used to help my local cable station out and they had a Christian show on the line up. I remember following them into the studio and the one guy was going on to the other how God wants you to become rich. . . . . uhm no Jesus was pretty clear and one of the 7 deadly sins is greed, so while everybody needs to make a living, gorging yourself on the buffet of money is not the way into the kingdom of heaven. . . just saying. If you want to be rich just do it without being a hypocrite about it but don't try to square the circle with religion

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The only difference between the My Pillow guy and Trump is that one of them have the codes to annihilate the world if he thought that's what it would take to keep his job.

Reactions: MtnMan

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The only difference between the My Pillow guy and Trump is that one of them have the codes to annihilate the world if he thought that's what it would take to keep his job.
i wouldn't be surprised if he tries it going out the door.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Dear God, the sheer amount of cognitive dissonance it would take to be a Republican is very close to being tangible.
I used to help my local cable station out and they had a Christian show on the line up. I remember following them into the studio and the one guy was going on to the other how God wants you to become rich. . . . . uhm no Jesus was pretty clear and one of the 7 deadly sins is greed, so while everybody needs to make a living, gorging yourself on the buffet of money is not the way into the kingdom of heaven. . . just saying. If you want to be rich just do it without being a hypocrite about it but don't try to square the circle with religion
That was a Mammonite who worships Mammon dressed up like Jesus.