And you thought the posters HERE were crazy volume 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Dissipate
Originally posted by: Evan
No, there isn't. But there's definitely a high correlation between conspiracy theorists and poor education.

A bachelor's in computer science from a major university isn't generally considered a 'poor education.' While you were fixing computers I was writing compilers, bucko.

Sure you were.

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Theology is extremely rich in bullshit and superstition and important to many weak, mindless people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful, which is a fictional category anyway.

Fixed for you.
Ironically, you lash out with the same kind of knee jerk judgment that you ridicule them for. There are people stronger of character than you or I and intellectually superior who see something more than what they have touched or see with their eyes. If you remain vehemently against something that billions appear to find some attraction to and chalk it all up as simple superstition, you may find yourself losing out on a lot.

Very well said.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Theology is extremely rich in bullshit and superstition and important to many weak, mindless people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful, which is a fictional category anyway.

Fixed for you.
Ironically, you lash out with the same kind of knee jerk judgment that you ridicule them for. There are people stronger of character than you or I and intellectually superior who see something more than what they have touched or see with their eyes. If you remain vehemently against something that billions appear to find some attraction to and chalk it all up as simple superstition, you may find yourself losing out on a lot.
There is no room for someone like you in the democrat party, turncoat!

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
No, there isn't. But there's definitely a high correlation between conspiracy theorists and poor education.

A bachelor's in computer science from a major university isn't generally considered a 'poor education.' While you were fixing computers I was writing compilers, bucko.

Sure you were.

You want to bet money on it, slap happy?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Sure you were.

You want to bet money on it, slap happy?

What are you going to do, scan me a copy of your resume? And why the hell are you bragging that you can program? :laugh:

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
What are you going to do, scan me a copy of your resume? And why the hell are you bragging that you can program? :laugh:

Depending on how much you are willing to bet I will show you my diploma in person. What I do is called software engineering, a highly sought after and highly paid skill. So like I said, while you were fixing computers I was writing compilers.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Depending on how much you are willing to bet I will show you my diploma in person. What I do is called software engineering, a highly sought after and highly paid skill. So like I said, while you were fixing computers I was writing compilers.

Sorry, I don't feel like traveling to Alabama.

And seriously, software engineering? You're bragging about essentially being a programmer? And I don't fix computers and never have kiddo, I'm in forensics and network security, which pays significantly more than some low-level programmer whose job is being outsourced more and more to India.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

Sorry to break it to you but I live in San Diego, California, not Alabama.

And seriously, software engineering? You're bragging about essentially being a programmer?

You clearly have no idea what software engineering is and why people get a lot of money to do it.

And I don't fix computers and never have kiddo, I'm in forensics and network security, which pays significantly more than some low-level programmer whose job is being outsourced more and more to India.

Your statement contradicts your crappy Linked In profile. Software engineering can be outsourced but network security can't? I know a guy who does network security for a living, he uses SSH and VPN all the time from his house.

Let me guess, you got your degree in econ and then went straight for some network security certificates. Now you are the God of network security and you make $600 an hour.

Not only could I do your network security but I could help write the software that runs it.

BTW, average software engineer in San Diego makes $75K. Senior software engineers make 6 figures plus. So much for being outsourced to India.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Sorry to break it to you but I live in San Diego, California, not Alabama.

And seriously, software engineering? You're bragging about essentially being a programmer?

You clearly have no idea what software engineering is and why people get a lot of money to do it.

And I don't fix computers and never have kiddo, I'm in forensics and network security, which pays significantly more than some low-level programmer whose job is being outsourced more and more to India.

Your statement contradicts your crappy Linked In profile. Software engineering can be outsourced but network security can't? I know a guy who does network security for a living, he uses SSH and VPN all the time from his house.

Let me guess, you got your degree in econ and then went straight for some network security certificates. Now you are the God of network security and you make $600 an hour.

Not only could I do your network security but I could help write the software that runs it.

BTW, average software engineer in San Diego makes $75K. Senior software engineers make 6 figures plus. So much for being outsourced to India.
So you have high levels of smartness and a low level of common sense. Got it.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Guys, you both have boring jobs.

Let's move on.

I agree. Just keep in mind that I wasn't the one who whipped out the e-penis measuring stick.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

I'd ask you to explain but I know you wouldn't be able to.

rofl. Yeah, sorry kiddo, but programming is the most outsourced job in IT, specifically to India. No, network security is a service and is not easily outsourcable in the least. Not sure why you're referencing my Linked-In resume since nowhere does it say I fix computers for a living. And why don't you post a public resume? Yeah, thought so. :roll:

If I were making $600 an hour would it even matter if I graduated HS let alone college. :laugh:

Now this is funny. Sorry, but no matter how much programming you write it doesn't mean jack shit if you don't actually understand network hierarchy, OSI models, et al.

Yes, and the average Cisco engineer makes that amount with less work in L.A., and can easily make upwards of $150K (basically write your own ticket) if you're a CCIE or CISSP with 10+ years experience. Sorry, you lose again.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Guys, you both have boring jobs.

Let's move on.

I agree. Just keep in mind that I wasn't the one who whipped out the e-penis measuring stick.

No actually, you were in fact the first (and only person) to pimp his college degree in this thread. Who cares, it's not relevant to the fact that you and your ilk are about as poorly educated as they come. I don't care what unrelated online degree you received.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
"Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven", guess someone missed that part of prayer. Better learn to be on God's side rather then try to pray God onto yours.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

No actually, you were in fact the first (and only person) to pimp his college degree in this thread. Who cares, it's not relevant to the fact that you and your ilk are about as poorly educated as they come. I don't care what unrelated online degree you received.

I only pimped my college degree because you challenged my education. See the beginning of the thread. So like I said you whipped out the e-penis measuring stick, not me.

You fail on logic and make wild ass assumptions about people at every turn and yet I'm the one who is poorly educated, gotcha. I have a real degree from a real university and instead of taking me up on the bet you would rather run at the mouth. You on the other hand got certificates.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
rofl. Yeah, sorry kiddo, but programming is the most outsourced job in IT, specifically to India. No, network security is a service and is not easily outsourcable in the least. Not sure why you're referencing my Linked-In resume since nowhere does it say I fix computers for a living. And why don't you post a public resume? Yeah, thought so. :roll:

So you have to be on location to SSH or VPN into a network? Uhhh, ok. I'm still waiting to be outsourced btw...

Now this is funny. Sorry, but no matter how much programming you write it doesn't mean jack shit if you don't actually understand network hierarchy, OSI models, et al.

What makes you think I couldn't learn network hierarchy and OSI models? In fact, at the company I'm at now I learned two programming languages in a couple of weeks.

Yes, and the average Cisco engineer makes that amount with less work in L.A., and can easily make upwards of $150K (basically write your own ticket) if you're a CCIE or CISSP with 10+ years experience. Sorry, you lose again.

Damn, with 10+ years of experience a software engineer can easily make that much as well, probably more. A senior software engineer with 5 years of experience makes 100K+, and if you get an M.S. you make 75K+ out of college. So much for your outsourcing theory, you lose again.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

I only pimped my college degree because you challenged my education. See the beginning of the thread. So like I said you whipped out the e-penis measuring stick, not me.

You fail on logic and make wild ass assumptions about people at every turn and yet I'm the one who is poorly educated, gotcha. I have a real degree from a real university and instead of taking me up on the bet you would rather run at the mouth. You on the other hand got certificates.

What bet, you going to drive 100 miles to show me your freaking diploma? Like I could give that much of a crap. I'd honestly be scared if you were that insanely dedicated. Saying you're not educated doesn't mean you didn't graduate from some podunk university, or online, etc.

So you have to be on location to SSH or VPN into a network? Uhhh, ok. I'm still waiting to be outsourced btw...

WTF? :laugh: You have to be on location to any sort of security assessment, for one, and actually set up the network physically after that. To maintain it and services hundreds of nodes can in no universe be outsourced to someone 10,000 miles away. VPN connections don't enable you to outsource much of anything, they just allow you to connect remotely and do some tasks.

What makes you think I couldn't learn network hierarchy and OSI models? In fact, at the company I'm at now I learned two programming languages in a couple of weeks.

Who says anyone can't learn anyone else's job? Nobody did, so I'm not sure why you're saying you can "learn". Every normal person can.

Damn, with 10+ years of experience a software engineer can easily make that much as well, probably more. A senior software engineer with 5 years of experience makes 100K+, and if you get an M.S. you make 75K+ out of college. So much for your outsourcing theory, you lose again.

Your own numbers own you. Even if your salaries were identical to this industry you'd still be in an industry that gets outsourced more than any other in IT.

Bottom line is that bragging that you program impresses no one. I don't brag about networking, it's stupid to. :laugh: