And the "stupid parents of the day" award goes to:

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
13,413
1
0
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- The physical scars left on a 14-year-old Bloomington teenager may have healed, but investigators say the emotional damage from an attempted exorcism will likely linger.

The teen, identified by police only as Jacob, suffers from autism, a developmental disorder that impairs social interaction.

Monroe County sheriff's detectives say 22-year-old Edward Uyesugi II, a Paoli resident and an usher at the Cherry Hill Christian Center, told the boy's family he could cure the teenager of the condition.

"(Uyesugi felt that) the boy could be prayed over and the demons could be cast out of him," Detective Brad Swain told 6News' Ben Morriston.

The family said Uyesugi made the exorcism attempt in May in a bedroom at their home.

Swain said Uyesugi "forced the boy down, punched him in the face several times, put his fingers in the boy's throat, causing him to vomit."


Text



 

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
25,921
14
81
:(

It's a sad world we live in, where so many have minds still clouded by the dark ages. I can't believe that in the west, in the 21st century, anyone can believe that people are infested by demons and spirits, which cause illness.
 

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
727
0
0
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
"(Uyesugi felt that) the boy could be prayed over and the demons could be cast out of him," Detective Brad Swain told 6News' Ben Morriston.

Swain said Uyesugi "forced the boy down, punched him in the face several times, put his fingers in the boy's throat, causing him to vomit."

rofl wtf? His definition of praying and mine are not the same.
 

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
2,765
1
76
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

Swain said Uyesugi "forced the boy down, punched him in the face several times, put his fingers in the boy's throat, causing him to vomit."

:shocked:
 

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
13,413
1
0
Originally posted by: Skacer
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
"(Uyesugi felt that) the boy could be prayed over and the demons could be cast out of him," Detective Brad Swain told 6News' Ben Morriston.

Swain said Uyesugi "forced the boy down, punched him in the face several times, put his fingers in the boy's throat, causing him to vomit."

rofl wtf? His definition of praying and mine are not the same.

I'd hate to see what happens before he eats his dinner.
 

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
4,188
0
71
This practice is much more common than most people think, including inducing vomiting and all that stuff.
 

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
2,765
1
76
Originally posted by: jtusa
This practice is much more common than most people think, including inducing vomiting and all that stuff.

what about the punching in the face? that seems a bit excessive.
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,806
46
91
Originally posted by: So
:(

It's a sad world we live in, where so many have minds still clouded by the dark ages. I can't believe that in the west, in the 21st century, anyone can believe that people are infested by demons and spirits, which cause illness.

immigrants?
 

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
13,413
1
0
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
Originally posted by: jtusa
This practice is much more common than most people think, including inducing vomiting and all that stuff.

what about the punching in the face? that seems a bit excessive.

Seriously, I dont even think Linda Blair was punched in The Exorcist.
 

dustmann

Senior member
Jul 26, 2006
341
0
71
So... logically... if she...weighs the same...as a duck... then she's made of wood.

And therefore?

:D
 

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
11,288
1
0
Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats! It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread!
Peasant 2: Apples!
Peasant 3: Very small rocks!
Peasant 1: Cider!
Peasant 2: Gravy!
Peasant 3: Cherries!
Peasant 1: Mud!
Peasant 2: Churches! Churches!
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: Exactly! So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she... weighs the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore?
Peasant 2: A witch!
Crowd: A witch!
 

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
4,188
0
71
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: AmpedSilence
Originally posted by: jtusa
This practice is much more common than most people think, including inducing vomiting and all that stuff.

what about the punching in the face? that seems a bit excessive.

Seriously, I dont even think Linda Blair was punched in The Exorcist.

I dunno, I've never seen or heard of punching in the face, but inducing vomiting, physically restraining (usually by 4-5 other people wrestling them to the ground and holding them down), yelling and screaming at the person, etc. I can see how someone would be emotionally scarred by it, whether they were voluntary participants or not.
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,806
46
91
Originally posted by: everman
Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats! It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread!
Peasant 2: Apples!
Peasant 3: Very small rocks!
Peasant 1: Cider!
Peasant 2: Gravy!
Peasant 3: Cherries!
Peasant 1: Mud!
Peasant 2: Churches! Churches!
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: Exactly! So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she... weighs the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore?
Peasant 2: A witch!
Crowd: A witch!

Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant 3: Well, she turned me into a newt!
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant 3: [meekly after a long pause] ... I got better.
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!

 

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
41,599
19
81
Originally posted by: So
:(

It's a sad world we live in, where so many have minds still clouded by the dark ages. I can't believe that in the west, in the 21st century, anyone can believe that people are infested by demons and spirits, which cause illness.
No kidding. Sad too that those around this usher didn't say, "Damn man, you're totally nuts."

It's one more reason I'd like to live at least a thousand years - I'd like to see if this sort of insanity finally dies out. Or maybe by that time stellar travellers from Earth will find the Voyager and Pioneer probes, and start suicide cults devoted to the the probes and the ways of the ancient people who launched them into space.