And the new Democratic Party name is...

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
GOP reps push resolution to ban Democratic Party over past slavery ties

I say they run with this.
Amend the bill to require the new name be included in it and see if any Republicans vote for it then.

I recommend POP (NOGO) 'Party of the People (Not Our Corporate Overlords)' party.
Maybe the 'Were Gave Up Racism a Long Time Ago, How About You?' party.
Or the 'Not The Party That Gave You Trump' party.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Amend the bill to require the new name be included in it and see if any Republicans vote for it then.

I recommend POP (NOGO) 'Party of the People (Not Our Corporate Overlords)' party.

Thats neat and all...but...Not Our Corporate Overlords?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
No, sorry. In general, I hold both parties in the same regard: SHIT, and NOT for the people but for their own agenda. Neither party represents the people.
Republican Liar pretends to give a fuck about "the people" while apologizing for the Republican Party's continued destruction of the country.

Can't get any more BothSidesDoIt™ than this.

Someone tell Starcuck to up his game.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Republican Liar pretends to give a fuck about "the people" while apologizing for the Republican Party's continued destruction of the country.

Can't get any more BothSidesDoIt™ than this.

Someone tell Starcuck to up his game.

What?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Yes, the party that calls the Confederate flag 'heritage' is really fooling everyone into believing that they're the party of Lincoln.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ah, the re-writing of history to try and convince the idiots that the modern republican party is not the ideological and physical party of slavery.

look at these idiots try to pretend that they know anything.

Reactions: gradoman

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, sorry. In general, I hold both parties in the same regard: SHIT, and NOT for the people but for their own agenda. Neither party represents the people.

please tell me what it looks like to "represent the people."

It would be nice to have an actual model of what that is supposed to look like.

When we do actually have that in this country, basically "the squad," a group of people that essentially want to bring the average person in the US up to the same status and quality of life experienced by the rest of the developed world, you call them "crazy wackos!"

....I honestly doubt that you have any concept of what "Representing the people" looks like. It's just some shit you invent to support your undefined hatred of "the left!"

Feb 4, 2009

I hear this a lot and I partially agree. A simple solution to this would be one person one vote, President is the person with the most votes. How do you feel about the popular vote?

Any voting system will develop people with similar interests and they naturally will band together. Once people start to band together it becomes the winner is the one with the most people in its group so the natural conclusion is two parties. Nothing we can do to change that without doing something extreme like randomly selecting Senators or House members.
Popular vote would move to power from a few thousand people in a few small states the well the majority of America which would obviously make all candidates more moderate.
Most of the people I’ve met who shout both parties suck are horribly offended at the idea of a popular vote.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Gohmert's penchant for pathetic horseshit seems to be alive and well these days, what a shame. Pity repugs aren't as interested with dealing with systemic racism as they are painting others as the actual cause for it. It's 2020 and there are still morons who think Dixiecrats and modern Democrats are the same group, but I guess that scans given all the other kinds of crazy and idiocy that Team Treason let take center stage. Listening to morons is already bad enough, but when they're desperate? Ugh.

People like Gohmert are providing us with a real time example of why Texan priorities are anathema to a real education. It's also probably the reality of 2020 being realized; he and other brain dead chumps are furious Texas is now pretty much a swing state.

Funny that he doesn't realize that if you've been allowing yourself to be used as a tool to promote this 'anti-cancel culture,' you're not doing your narrative any favors by calling for your competition to be banned or cancelled. You can do stuff like that when you're a champion of hypocrisy though I guess.

Someone in the House should put this guy on the spot. 'We are thrilled by the gentleman from Texas' new concern for racism in politics. Let us join together and leave the business of names and titles for the more important work of re-establishing equity in our system of democracy. Reversing republican led attacks on equal voting rights bills and amendments would be a great place to start. The great state of Texas is also invited to lead the way by ending it's campaigns of voter suppression, voter intimidation, obstructing election security, court stacking of partisan judges and race based gerrymandering.'

Last edited:
Reactions: uclaLabrat

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

When we do actually have that in this country, basically "the squad," a group of people that essentially want to bring the average person in the US up to the same status and quality of life experienced by the rest of the developed world, you call them "crazy wackos!"

....I honestly doubt that you have any concept of what "Representing the people" looks like. It's just some shit you invent to support your undefined hatred of "the left!"
Representing the people = buying votes or virtue signaling.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Nov 29, 2006
Someone needs to learn history and the southern strategy and then think about where both parties stand today.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Do you refer to the Dixiecrats? LBJ had a hell of a time getting the Civil Rights Bill through his Dixiecrat congress. I still believe the democratic party is way to focused on keeping minorities poor and reliant on the welfare system. Playing devils advocate here, one could say that Donald Trump has done more for blacks and minorities by opening up jobs. Low wage jobs for sure, but still a job. However, it was Obama and only Obama and not Trump that shamed companies into increasing their wage for low waged workers. Before Obama, all service jobs paid minimum wage, now most low wage jobs start out at least $10 an hour, or more. And one could argue that with Donald Trump humiliating illegals and cracking down on illegal immigration, fewer illegals we finding jobs and fewer companies were hiring illegals. And that could possibly have opened up more low wage jobs for minorities and especially for blacks.

Blacks that could not get a job before or had a hard time finding a job, once the illegals became unavailable and too afraid to work those jobs illegally, that opened up more jobs for the black community and for minorities in general. After all, a fast food outlet must have workers and if the illegals are not willing to seek those jobs due to Donald Trump and the illegal immigration crack-down, then those fast food outlets are more willing to hire blacks and minorities they were uninterested in hiring before. Donald Trump may have opened up more opportunities for blacks and minorities that did Obama or any other democratic president or democratic policy. I myself noticed a fairly noticeable decrease in illegal hispanics working at the fast food outlets and in the restaurants once Trump started demonizing and scaring those illegals into hiding.

Illegals were afraid and they feared deportation. And companies began using E-Verify more and more where before they were not. And so, black employment did definitely increase under Donald Trump. And that brings us to the current situation with black-lives-matter and blacks protesting for equal rights and equal treatment. When you have a black man or women able to work for a living instead of relying on government assistance, that black man or woman discovers something they had not realized before. That being, blacks and minorities are definitely treated as second class citizens by law enforcement and by society, and that naturally made them mad. Mad enough to march and protest for fair and decent acceptance within society.

Having a job gave a black man or woman the dignity they may not have experienced before when on government assistance. Now, more blacks and minorities were out there in the world and taking part within society by working for a living just like everyone else of different skin color. And the injustice that black men and women discovered out there in the workforce was something they would not tollerate. Before, under government assistance, minorities had no choice but to submit to the indifference and inequality that they were forced into. But once they became a full fledged working class citizens, having a job and earning a wage, the inequality that had plagued them before needed to stop. And so, they marched.

And one could say, this was a side-effect from the Donald Trump economy where the jobs were opening up and companies were starting to hire more blacks and minorities. If those companies could not get the illegal immigrant to work the jobs then the only other option was to hire the "legal" minorities like black men and black women. So, with playing devils advocate, one could give Donald Trump the credit for improving the lives of blacks and minorities not by directly helping blacks and minorities but by opening up jobs for those black and minorities. Something I am sure Donald Trump did not intend to do, but an obvious side-effect from Trump's anti-illegal immigrant stance. Trump scared the illegals away, and then the legal minorities took over those vacant jobs.

The bottom line..... having a job and earning a wage had so much more dignity than sitting at home collecting government assistance. People would say that illegals were not affecting the US jobs market, but they were. Those low waged jobs were in fact going to illegals where companies wanted that cheap labor and would refuse to E-Verify their hirees. Once the illegals were scared away, and vacant jobs needed to be filled, companies began to hire those which they refused to hire before. Blacks and minorities. And thus, you have people wanting and expecting more and expecting to be treated just as everyone else is treated whether it be from the employer or from law enforcement. And when that did not happen for those hard working blacks and minorities, then the protesting began and the marching began.

The mass protesting and marching was the correct response for achieving equality within this not so equal society. Even if that protesting might involve some rioting and looting from time to time, so be it. If Donald Trump were smart(er), Donald Trump would take advantage of the protesting and marching to make his point that he himself has enabled the black society into a better life by working a decent job. Donald Trump should not be shutting down the protestors, Donald Trump should be embracing the protestors and fight right along side them. However, Donald is way to clueless to know when a real opportunity hits him in the face.

In short, having more available jobs allowed for more black employees. And once out there working at those jobs, this was an eye opener where blacks realized the inequality they were faced with. And thus, they want that inequality corrected, like ASAP. Like yesterday. Like right away. (Sorry, I thinkest me went way off topic)

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
LoL, those House R's be so foolish, but this will probably rile up their supporters.

Anyways, if you're going to focus on a party's past (1840-1856 per the article), Then one could easily make the same assertion of R's from the Civil Rights movement until now.

Racism from the R party, it's mouth pieces, and supporters is a huge reason I stopped voting R.

All one must do is look at who the party is comprised of to know which harbors racism.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Yup, people come out of the shadows to actually support representing the people and useful idiots like that poster attack them constantly.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Let this black historian professor teach you some actual history

All the destruction of things the left doesn't like these days is like a cat trying to cover their own shit because it's stinky. Real history cannot be rewritten. Changing what is taught and ignoring true history is dishonest.
Oh goody another youtube link. So what is the argument being made?

Basically a pre-southern strategy review.

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history? Watch as Carol Swain, professor of political science at Vanderbilt University, shares the inconvenient history of the Democratic Party.

So @compuwiz1 what is your point? You do realize the current Democratic party doesn't hold those same positions now right? Do you understand the party currently attacking civil rights legislation is the Republican party right?

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

All the destruction of things the left doesn't like these days is like a cat trying to cover their own shit because it's stinky. Real history cannot be rewritten. Changing what is taught and ignoring true history is dishonest.

and just a kind reminder, history is, by definition, in the past. yes, democrats were the party of slavery and subjugation from about 1860-1960. no one is arguing that. then something changed around that time 1960 timeframe. i'll let you read a little more history to see if you can figure it out. and now republicans, for all their "party of lincoln" bluster, are at the forefront of minority oppression and disenfranchisement.

history is history, but that doesn't mean people and institutions don't change between then and now.

if you want a nice in-depth history...Greg Carr is absolutely brilliant and explains how the shift from democrat to republican happened

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Umm, ok, yur brainwashed.

"THE LEFT" is not rewriting history.
The people calling themselves conservatives most certainly are.
AS well as rewriting the present.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Umm, ok, yur brainwashed.

"THE LEFT" is not rewriting history.
The people calling themselves conservatives most certainly are.
AS well as rewriting the present.

He's stated multiple times that his only intention in p&n is to troll.