And the license plate read...

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
A few hours ago, I was driving westbound from my house toward highway 270. I made my right turn toward the onramp to hop on 270 northbound. This onramp branches to the left from a road that runs parallel to the highway, thus, one must cross oncoming traffic lanes to proceed, and this sometimes demands that one waits until the way is clear. I found myself behind a pickup truck waiting for oncoming traffic to pass. The two or so cars passed. The truck didn't move. I waited. I honked. As the truck began to move, a car appeared over the hill coming at us, a safe distance away, going a safe speed. Nevertheless, the truck stopped dead, waited for the car to pass (30seconds, maybe), and then proceeded up the ramp toward the highway at a blazing 25mph. It held this speed all the way through the acceleration lane until the very end, at which point it got a narrow chance to enter traffic, leaving me with about 14 inches to go from 25 to 60 and no opportunity to enter traffic anyway. I stopped and waited there for about 5 minutes before I had enough space to dodge onto the highway and accelerate, angering a great many people who would've preferred to hold their speed. For a while I fumed about this stooopid truck. It was slow and cumbersome, and the driver was incompetent and unconfident to boot. And the license plate read...

[COM-PAC]

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
So, I'm waiting to get on 270 after picking up my brand spanking new computer at circut city, and this a$$ just keeps honking his horn at me.......couldn't believe it, like I am just going to dart out in traffic and get killed before I get to power this bada$$ machine up??? ;)

Isn't that amazing how people will maintain about 25 all the way up an on ramp??? Ya gotta wonder what is going through their head....'course then again, most of the times I get on 270, 25mph would be an improvement over the speed they are moving at..... :)

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Yea, but at least it isn't constantly "temporarily" under construction. BTW, who's shutting down 40 this week? :D

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
Ah, St Louis,

brings back fond memories of an afternoon picnic on the bluffs of Alton. Imagine my surprise at finding out Monica was a long time member of the big V club. & no little package near. boy was I lucky, no bambinos !!!

memories like that make the traffic more bearable.

Killbat,

are the sandbars still in the river above the dam ? used to waterski & play in the sand there ! very fond memories ! the nook was like grass, one behind every bush.

<edit> as for the lic plate ! that is why God made beer... so we could make water when the situation requires it. also known as why I enjoy a good pi$$. look at the opportunity, not the down side ! <edit>

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Welp, the sandbars aren't always there anymore, but every once in while when the river's a little low, you'll see a few appear out there. We hit one of these potential sandbars boating with my uncle once. When the boat stops like that, hundreds of feet from either bank, and you jump into the water, you don't expect to hit the bottom! :D

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
haha I didnt get a thing you wrote in your post, but then the lisense plate explained everything! :D

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
you know, I really didn't understand the whole shutdown 40 thing. Hmmmm, let's promote racial harmony and make a point by pissing off the majority of the people in St Louis, that will bring so much sympathy to our cause.......

And, where is this spot where there is ' ' behind every bush.... ?????????

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
The spot was Alton &amp; a few years ago, in the summer, college girls galore &amp; Mass, bingo, &amp; spagetti suppers was the place to start from.

Hince the fond memories. A ski boat on the river, energy to spare &amp; no computers.