And the Eagles Fans Rise As One...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
Ahhh yes. Reminiscent of a few years ago, after a successful stint by AJ Feeley, the fans were calling for McNabb's head when he started the (2003?) season a little slow. "McNabb can't execute a 3 step drop like Feeley!" "He's not mobile anymore!" etc, etc....typical Philly fans. Relax, McNabb will get his groove back.

I hate to admit this but after last year I have to agree that Philly has some of the dumbest sports fans in the world. If I have to argue with one more moron about how Kolb shouldn't start my fucking head is going to explode.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
This just in: Eagles Fans Hopes for the Season Sink As One...

too early to think that. receivers and mcnabb need to step up. our d is looking good for the most part

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I'm sorry, but the play calling has been what's killed the Eagles. They don't have a dominant receiver, McNabb isn't 100%, so why do they persist in calling stupid plays? After the first half, it didn't take a football genius to figure out that the best player in an Eagles uniform is a versatile RB who can run and catch. The receivers are pretty bad and can't get open down the sideline. Why ignore Westbrook? Hell, why are they throwing to receivers down the sideline anyway? I mean, you know, there are things like slants, posts, and hitches. Aren't the Eagles supposed to be a West Coat offense? Stupid, stupid stupid.

McNabb is guilty of expecting too much out of his receivers, who aren't very tall and don't really like catching 60 mph bullet passes. Andy Reid is guilty of calling an awful game. If he had just pretended that Garcia was still behind the helm, the Eagles would have torn through that Washington defense.

(rant taken from a friend of mine)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ScottFern
Eagles fans.....give Kolb at start next week?

A) Kolb is not the #2 QB ya dolt
B) No, you do not bench your pro bowl QB who was on pace for an MVP season last year before his injury because of two mediocore games
C) God, Philly fans are dumb.

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Perknose
As the first punt to them is not muffed!

GO EAGLES!

now if you can get a QB that can throw a ball w/o it bouncing in front of the receiver...
a real running game...
and a coach that can...well...how can i say this...coach?

the eagles would be flying high!

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
I'm sorry, but the play calling has been what's killed the Eagles. They don't have a dominant receiver, McNabb isn't 100%, so why do they persist in calling stupid plays? After the first half, it didn't take a football genius to figure out that the best player in an Eagles uniform is a versatile RB who can run and catch. The receivers are pretty bad and can't get open down the sideline. Why ignore Westbrook? Hell, why are they throwing to receivers down the sideline anyway? I mean, you know, there are things like slants, posts, and hitches. Aren't the Eagles supposed to be a West Coat offense? Stupid, stupid stupid.

McNabb is guilty of expecting too much out of his receivers, who aren't very tall and don't really like catching 60 mph bullet passes. Andy Reid is guilty of calling an awful game. If he had just pretended that Garcia was still behind the helm, the Eagles would have torn through that Washington defense.

(rant taken from a friend of mine)

Why the hell would you run the ball when you have one of the top O-lines in the NFL and one of the best running backs in the NFL and in your team's history? You don't run the ball! Instead, you have your rusty quarterback throw inaccurate passes to receivers who can't get open in the first place. Pure genius.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I'm a rabid Eagles fan, and even I have to pick the Lions next week. Banged up Eagles secondary, piss poor Eagles offense, and Detroit's 8 million big play wide receivers = Lions win.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Deeko

A) Kolb is not the #2 QB ya dolt
B) No, you do not bench your pro bowl QB who was on pace for an MVP season last year before his injury because of two mediocore games
C) God, Philly fans are dumb.

i'm from philly, and i hate it when people talk sh!t on mcnabb, they have no idea wtf they are talking about. most of the city still loves him, but the few that bitch are louder and more annoying than the rest :(

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
McNabb was just off last night, can't really do much about that (see: missed wide open TD at the end of the game). :shrug: He'll be back, just off to a slow start.