And I'll Be There . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Doylestown, Pa. will hold it's 145th straight Memorial Day parade tomorrow. It's the oldest continuous Memorial Day parade in the United States of America, since long before Memorial Day was even called Memorial Day.

So, folks, raise your flag, then lower it to half staff until noon in remembrance of the more than one million men and women who gave their all, that last full measure of devotion, for the Republic.

Back when, a lot of us thought we might not make it back to The World. This day is for all those who never did. :thumbsup: :( :thumbsup:

memorial-day.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
As for myself, I neither condemn nor support most soldiers as many were drafted and didn't know exactly what was going on.

That said, I won't be celebrating, but I won't be hating on those who were sacrified by the state and for the state.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but what about all those German and Japanese soldiers who fought with equal valor for the glory of Hitler and their emperor in a losing cause?

Or we can also ask about those 58,000 formerly living persons whose lives we pissed away in Vietnam, and now are nothing but names chiseled into some black wall in Washington DC.

Sadly maybe signifying those 58,000 American lives are no better than the Germans and Japs who died in a similar losing cause.

Like I said, sorry to be a wet blanket here, but the lesson I always take from memorial day is the human stupidity of war. As my hate focuses on the merchants of death who sell and profit from war.

As I always remember that little song from our civil war. "That a Canon ball pays no mind to if you are gentle or kind, all on a beautiful morning."

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but what about all those German and Japanese soldiers who fought with equal valor for the glory of Hitler and their emperor in a losing cause?

Germany and Japan are free to honor their own soldiers.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Or we can also ask about those 58,000 formerly living persons whose lives we pissed away in Vietnam, and now are nothing but names chiseled into some black wall in Washington DC.

Sadly maybe signifying those 58,000 American lives are no better than the Germans and Japs who died in a similar losing cause.

Like I said, sorry to be a wet blanket here, but the lesson I always take from memorial day is the human stupidity of war. As my hate focuses on the merchants of death who sell and profit from war.

As I always remember that little song from our civil war. "That a Canon ball pays no mind to if you are gentle or kind, all on a beautiful morning."
If you were truly sorry, you would have NOT clicked <Submit> rather than crapping in this thread. You could have started your own thread on the stupidity of war. No matter how much we may disagree with the mission, no matter how much we may despise those who send our forces into battle, we still owe respect to the men and women who put everything on the line for our country.

I salute them, and so should you.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Take a moment to think about those that gave their lives because their country asked it of them.

It's a sad, poignant Memorial day here in RC-East.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
If you were truly sorry, you would have NOT clicked <Submit> rather than crapping in this thread. You could have started your own thread on the stupidity of war. No matter how much we may disagree with the mission, no matter how much we may despise those who send our forces into battle, we still owe respect to the men and women who put everything on the line for our country.

I salute them, and so should you.

:thumbsup:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I find this deeply offensive. The only reason to post this was to belittle men who died in service to their country. Every single one of them gave more than all of us combined. They didn't get to choose which battles to fight, they didn't get to weigh the right or wrong of the wars they died in, they simply did the job that was asked of them, and paid the ultimate price.
Seeing an obnoxious little prick like you suggesting that they're service was somehow tainted makes my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.