and another Witcher question

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
need one for Kalkstein for contract but I can't find anymore in the swamp after killing all ghouls near some ruins, I think...

I have dog catcher contract. Where are stray dogs I can attack in Temple Square?

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ITPaladin
need one for Kalkstein for contract but I can't find anymore in the swamp after killing all ghouls near some ruins, I think...

I have dog catcher contract. Where are stray dogs I can attack in Temple Square?

Wait till night and runaround the hospital for the dogs. Can you get into the graveyard yet? If not ghouls spawn every now and again by the graveyard gates. (Also they respawn in the swamp every 24-48 in game hours.

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
It's ALghouls I need.

There were only a few gathered with a bunch of ghouls in the swamp, now I don't see any type of ghouls at all ever after killing the ones I saw in the swamp.

I can't get into the cemetary yet. Only ghouls appear at the gate so far.

So the only dogs that are attackable are at night around the hospital?

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ITPaladin
It's ALghouls I need.

There were only a few gathered with a bunch of ghouls in the swamp, now I don't see any type of ghouls at all ever after killing the ones I saw in the swamp.

I can't get into the cemetary yet. Only ghouls appear at the gate so far.

So the only dogs that are attackable are at night around the hospital?

Any dog will do. Just more of them show up at night around the hospital. Get into the cemetary. They show up there at night.

aka1nas

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: userman
No you can attack the dogs at anytime.

You have to be able to draw your sword to attack them, which you can't do in the daytime in Vizima unless something attacks you first.

To the OP: you might have to wait until act 3 to finish the Alghoul contract. I was only able to find two Alghouls in the cemetary during Act 2.

ITPaladin

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2003
I only needed one alghoul which I got in the cemetary.
You can only attack when the location is dangerous. You have to actively draw your sword to attack, not mouse click attack.
Now I'm stuck trying to find plants to kill after killing several without the entry in my log.
I think the price of books is way too high. I hardly find any 'free' information ransacking people's homes, etc. I have to buy the book at 500 orens to complete the quest that gives me like max 200 orens.
I feel like LOTRO server prices are in effect in Witcher.

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Sorry about that. I must have killed the dogs when I was outside of the city.

Are you looking for the Echinops? Is so just wonder around the swamp.