Anchoring down a 4 monitor stand

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Standin..._SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=VW2GNXHWD1TV483EJVFB

I currently have that stand with only the center and top monitors mounted at the moment. The two monitors to the side are on their own factory stands. The reason for this is because the 4 monitor stand becomes front heavy and will tip if the side monitors are mounted and angled inwards to create the wrap around effect. It's stable if they are flat across but the span is too wide to use comfortably.

The stand feet can be removed for clamping or secured by a bolt through a hole in the desk. Unfortunately I have a glass desk so both options don't seem like they'll work. So I'm looking for ideas on how to anchor/secure the stand down. I'm open to a monitor riser if it'll work. TIA.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
An easy but ugly solution is a pair of c-clamps. Stick a sheet of plywood or similar product between the glass and clamps if you are worried about damaging the glass.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Doesn't that have a wall bracket option for that?
There is the other option mentioned above as well.
I even saw someone use some industrial strength "velcro", dual lock 400/400 from 3M I think it was. If you go this method, just know that while you can remove it, it is a lot more work than normal velcro you see at the stores, in fact, it is a PITA, so get it right the first time!