Anchorage Daily News endorses Obama for President

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/567867.html

Even in Alaska GOP gets no love.

Gov. Palin's nomination clearly alters the landscape for Alaskans as we survey this race for the presidency -- but it does not overwhelm all other judgment. The election, after all is said and done, is not about Sarah Palin, and our sober view is that her running mate, Sen. John McCain, is the wrong choice for president at this critical time for our nation.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Now we know why Palin wouldn't tell us what newspapers she reads. ;)

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The real question, is the Anchorage Daily News a normally democratic paper, because if they endorsed Palin for Governor in 06, its a double insult. I note their criticism was more directed at McCain, and if the McCain Palin ticket loses on 11/4, Sarah Palin will go back to being Alaska Governor with a possible axe to grind with the Anchorage Daily News.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The real question, is the Anchorage Daily News a normally democratic paper, because if they endorsed Palin for Governor in 06, its a double insult. I note their criticism was more directed at McCain, and if the McCain Palin ticket loses on 11/4, Sarah Palin will go back to being Alaska Governor with a possible axe to grind with the Anchorage Daily News.

And she's nothing if not vindictive and petty.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Acorn is registering wolves and moose.

Don't be ridiculous.

They're registering squirrels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you look at the link, they have a picture of a bear also coming into town, the obvious
conclusion is the bear crossed the road to registered to vote. But where does that bear stand on the Goldilocks question?

Is the Anchorage Daily News, too hard, too soft, or just right?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Acorn is registering wolves and moose.

Don't be ridiculous.

They're registering squirrels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you look at the link, they have a picture of a bear also coming into town, the obvious
conclusion is the bear crossed the road to registered to vote. But where does that bear stand on the Goldilocks question?

Is the Anchorage Daily News, too hard, too soft, or just right?

But you fail to answer why the chicken crossed the road. Everyone knows they can't vote.

(Though chickenhawks can).

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Kadarin

And she's nothing if not vindictive and petty.

I tend to believe that the media have an advantage in such a battle. Although, I also think she's stupid enough to be vindictive toward the paper.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
at this point, I think Palin would be better served if McCain does not win. There is no doubt she is engaging, charasmatic, and has the ability to get people moving and talking. Four years of preparation will get her over the knowledge and preparation hurdles she faced in this campaign. When she isn't putting her foot in her mouth, she is a very effective candidate and I say this as a person voting for Obama. I don't agree with many (if any) of her views, but I can recognize her talent in the political game.

Mark my words, Obama will have a hell of a fight on his hands in 2012 going up against Sarah Palin running for president.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: venkman
at this point, I think Palin would be better served if McCain does not win. There is no doubt she is engaging, charasmatic, and has the ability to get people moving and talking. Four years of preparation will get her over the knowledge and preparation hurdles she faced in this campaign. When she isn't putting her foot in her mouth, she is a very effective candidate and I say this as a person voting for Obama. I don't agree with many (if any) of her views, but I can recognize her talent in the political game.

Mark my words, Obama will have a hell of a fight on his hands in 2012 going up against Sarah Palin running for president.

i can't wait to see here get shredded in the republican debates.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

I think she will be able to handle herself with 4 years of preparation and I have no doubt preparations will start on November 5th if Jonny Mac doesn't win.

Feb 10, 2000

I'm sure he welcomes the challenge. It would be as if Dan Quayle had run for President against Clinton in 1996. Actually that's not really fair to Quayle, who was far better qualified than Palin. If the Republican party continues to be run by the kind of empty-headed anti-intellectual boobs who support Palin, it will be deservedly scorned in 2012 in much the same way it is being this year.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

I think she will be able to handle herself with 4 years of preparation and I have no doubt preparations will start on November 5th if Jonny Mac doesn't win.

Look at how long it took her to get her degree in journalism. She has to do her job as a governor and raise a Down's Syndrome baby. Do you really think she has the time to be ready in 4 years? I of course, hope she will attempt it - purely for the entertainment factor.