Anarchists breakup white heritage meeting with violence.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
Granted these people were definitely white racists meeting together under a heritage front should not distract from the fact that even if I'm wrong, these people still have a right to go about their business without these kind of violent acts.

Sure they can be ridiculed, but no violence. In a democracy everyone has a right to freedom of opinion.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/middle-class-guy/2012/may/23/anarchists-fail-chicago-succeed-suburb-during-nato/

The victims of the attack are alleged to be White Supremacists. The black-clad masked avengers are alleged to be from the Hoosier Anti-Racist Movement (HARM). HARM is part of the Anti-racist Action Network (ARAN).

ARAN is described as a violent, anarchist, anti-racist organization. According to various sources and reports, groups in the network follow the doings of supremacist groups and show up anyplace where they meet in public to disrupt or attack them. “Where they go we go.”

The network evolved from groups of anarchist, punk rock, and anti-fascist skinhead movements. A revolutionary anarchist group, Love and Rage, helped them build a network in various states.

They have been known to use covert surveillance of various supremacist groups and individuals in order to attack them or prevent them from holding events. They also follow supremacist groups through their websites and show up at events to create havoc and mayhem.

Evidently the anti-racists do not care about the United States Constitution, which guarantees the freedoms of speech, press, expression and assembly. They also do not care that even uncomfortable, tasteless, or outrageous expression and speech are protected.

Like many left-wing movements, they believe the Constitution only applies to them, especially when they protest, confront authorities, and create havoc and mayhem.

Oct 16, 1999
How about we generalize the racists as "rightists" and attribute their views to that whole side of the political aisle to balance the article and your post?

Edit: Nice ninja edit on the title.

Last edited:

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
So you take a few left wing dingbats and apply their deficiencies to an entire ideology.

I'd venture to guess the racist they assaulted were conservative, so I guess they represent conservatives.

Apr 27, 2012
The views of the white supremacists are wrong but it doesn't matter that people disagree with them, they still have a right to freedom of speech and assembly

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Did this really happen? I can't find anything about it anywhere except the op's link to "communities" washingtimes which says it is "social journalism from independent sources".
Kinda sounds like a blog to me.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
In a democracy everyone has a right to freedom of opinion.

You obviously have not been exposed to the modern American version of democracy yet. Wait until you say something one of the Nazi overlords of this forum take issue with, then you will see how far our Consitutional rights to free speech extend. I may not even be able to respond to you if one of them catches wind of this post.

Freedom is an illusion when propaganda is the standard.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I always love anarchist groups. 'Guys, to create anarchy the first thing we have to do is ORGANIZE!'

Feb 10, 2000
LOL @ the idea that this "violates the Constitution."

Conservatards are dumb.

For whatever reason some conservatives seem particularly inclined to misunderstand freedom of speech and to, when it's expedient, rely on the First Amendment when it has no bearing whatsoever. I am reminded of Sarah Palin's comments that the First Amendment was being violated by threatened advertiser boycotts of Dr. Laura after she repeatedly used the N word on her show (by the way, much as I dislike Dr. Laura I didn't take offense to her use of the N word in context).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
For whatever reason some conservatives seem particularly inclined to misunderstand freedom of speech and to, when it's expedient, rely on the First Amendment when it has no bearing whatsoever. I am reminded of Sarah Palin's comments that the First Amendment was being violated by threatened advertiser boycotts of Dr. Laura after she repeatedly used the N word on her show (by the way, much as I dislike Dr. Laura I didn't take offense to her use of the N word in context).

I have to say that I've found people's belief that the 1st amendment means private citizens can't inhibit your speech as a fairly common wrong belief regardless of ideology.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
You obviously have not been exposed to the modern American version of democracy yet. Wait until you say something one of the Nazi overlords of this forum take issue with, then you will see how far our Consitutional rights to free speech extend. I may not even be able to respond to you if one of them catches wind of this post.

Who's free speech rights would be violated?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I have to say that I've found people's belief that the 1st amendment means private citizens can't inhibit your speech as a fairly common wrong belief regardless of ideology.

Agreed. A lot of us (and I include myself) can sometimes fall victim to knee-jerk vocal reactions to something said or done by another. I try to keep my tone civil if I suspect that what was said was done so out of ignorance. However, if I suspect that it was said simply to provoke a reaction my "fuse" is much shorter; which can play into exactly what the speaker wanted.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
please explain how this is ok, and how the bill of rights does not apply?

imho, the government is there to protect your rights to things like assembly and free speech. when that is violated, either by the gov. or a private entity such as a person or a business, there are ways to make it known through the court system.

how do the white heritage people not have a these rights?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sure they can be ridiculed, but no violence. In a democracy everyone has a right to freedom of opinion.

psst: The USA is not now, nor ever was, a democracy. (be sure to tell your friends)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011

Ummmm... You do know that the freedoms you have here are the ones given to you by the people who run the forum right? The Constitution does not apply here. Quit waving it around and read it sometime

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
^_^ The problem is that you guys think that a forum somehow removes my rights when, in fact, the whole point of a forum is to allow the free flow of ideas between people anonymously.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Holy molly. If your a conservative your a racist How about if your White your a racist. How about if your a christian your a racist. It would seem that only minorities are not racist. Nice world you people have created. Not to worry this shits about to be straightened out by a true judge. I would guess that if your a winer about how little the poor haver and anyone how has more than the poor are pigs . The poor are in deep deep trouble. Liberials are dead meat thats a fact

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

Indeed, I've seen this misunderstanding on the internet for 10+ years. I used to correct people on it but I finally gave up. It's even more prevalent than confusing "theory" in common parlance with scientific "theory."

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Holy molly. If your a conservative your a racist How about if your White your a racist. How about if your a christian your a racist. It would seem that only minorities are not racist. Nice world you people have created. Not to worry this shits about to be straightened out by a true judge. I would guess that if your a winer about how little the poor haver and anyone how has more than the poor are pigs . The poor are in deep deep trouble. Liberials are dead meat thats a fact

drugs are bad mkay

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009

Ummmm........you do realize that this is a privately run message forum, right?

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
^_^ The problem is that you guys think that a forum somehow removes my rights when, in fact, the whole point of a forum is to allow the free flow of ideas between people anonymously.

You're rights aren't being suppressed at all. You are perfectly free to start your own forums using your own rules to voice your own opinion in any manner you like however the owners of this forum have just as much right to ensure that others do not violate the rules they set for their own private forum.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The problem, Duhcati, is that you do not run this forum and unless someone who does feels the need to ban me I am free to say whatever the hell I want. I know that sucks for people like you and the other idiot trolls in this forum, because it has to suck getting levelled in every debate you have, but I am not going anywhere because the people who run this place know that I know what I am talking about and I was posting here while you were still trying to finish middle school.

Private forum or not, if they start banning people for unpopular speech it would ruin this forum outside of the tech boards. And contrary to the righties' beliefs, my speech is only unpopular with them and instead of asking why I left the right they just spend their days calling me a lefty and making fools of themselves.....kinda like you just did.