AnandTech's host is back offering a VERY HOT deal, $1 for 6-months of Web Hosting!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimson117

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2001
I've been rather happy with Dreamhost. I only host a few non-critical personal/group sites such as a gaming clan forum and a small non-profit's website.

I don't know of any reusable coupons but they have given me promo codes that give discounts on their hosting. However, they are "referral" codes where I get paid, too, so I think posting them might violate the forum rules.

Last edited:

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
Just so you know, their Ruby support is pretty bad. I had to email the owner just to find out what version they were running. I also had multiple issues just getting the cp interface for it to work.

FTP transfers are much faster than my old host.

The client portal is still kinda buggy with dead links for things like the faqs, and there is no faq or help documentation for their particular environment. It's just default cpanel help docs.

Their db performance is 10x better at least in my experience compared to netfirms.

I'll use it for now, since its such a good deal.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know there is just one more coupon left for the modified deal.

This is for 1 month of service for $1 on the highest plan, the CIRRUS ultra, then only $9.98/mo thereafter. You can visit THIS LINK to order.

Status
Not open for further replies.