AnandTech's host is back offering a VERY HOT deal, $1 for 6-months of Web Hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnandTechDeals

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2001
AnandTech has been hosted by Elite Internet Communications, Inc. for over 10 years now.

eicomm is the parent company of, Cloud Web.
Just like eicomm's Cloud and Managed hosting services, this product provides the same high quality of service and support. Here are some of the features that they are offering you:
  • FREE Setup
    [*]250GB Intelligent Transfer
    [*]25GB Storage
    [*]UNLIMITED Domains
    [*]UNLIMITED Emails
    [*]Spam and Virus Protection
    [*]cPanel with extras including Softaculous, RVSkin, RVSitebuilder, PostgreSQL, and Ruby on Rails
    [*]99.99% Uptime Guarantee

For a full list of features you can view their features page at:
http://www.cloudweb.com/features.

Cloud Web is providing us with a very generous offer. Every person who takes advantage of this offer will receive 6-months of hosting for $1, then 80% off for life ($9.98/mo). This is a very special promotion for a very limited time.

To take advantage of this offer you will need to visit this link by clicking here.
This recurring price on the deal is valid for the life of your account.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Hello everyone, let me introduce myself. My name is Jason as they said we've been hosting AnandTech for over 10 years! You may remember us from before, we did a promotion under our "moreweb" brand in the past. That is now a part of Cloud Web as we have merged all brands under Cloud Web.

We have been doing Web Hosting for 12 years. Recently, we have rebuilt our entire infrastructure on Cloud and the technology is so efficient that we have a lot of resources being unused. Seeing as we were faced with this problem we could either slowly wait for natural marketing and sales cycles to make use of it, or just basically give some resources away to those tech-savvy people who can appreciate the technology, and in hopes that some of you may like it enough to continue being a customer in the long term. :)

Hopefully that sounds fair now so there's the deal. We're just going to give you our largest account which is 250GB of Transfers, 25GB of Disk Space, UNLIMITED Domains, UNLIMITED Emails, and all the other goodies normally priced at $49.90/mo for just $1 for the full 6-months. Not $1/mo, but $1 for the FULL 6 months. Why the $1 and not FREE? We need to verify who you say you are, and weed out any fraud. This helps ensure a stable environment for everyone. After that, we're going to even go further and discount it at 80% off for LIFE at $9.98/mo after the 6 months are up. There's no long-term commitment, the service is month-to-month, and you can even cancel within the first 30 days and get your $1 back if you're not happy.

Why offer it so cheap moving forward? Simple. For those customers signing up with us directly for that plan they intend to use the resources that they are allocated. We know that by giving them away here, most people will not use them but they are there if you want to. So we thought let's make this really easy and just give away the biggest plan so no one needs to think about upgrading or needing things they don't have with the smaller ones.

You can see the full list of the features listed with our highest plan on the features page shown HERE.

Here's the instructions for signing up:

• Visit This Link
  • Choose domain option
  • 6 Month price will show $49.90/mo. *IGNORE THIS!*
  • Click "Update Cart"
  • Shopping Cart will show Hosting for $1 Semi-Annually
  • Complete order!

After the 6 months is completed, the account will revert to the 80% off for life pricing of $9.98/mo!

Now, what does the Cloud mean for you? It quite simply means SCALABILITY, REDUNDANCY, and INCREASED RELIABILITY. If we need more storage space, we flip a switch and it's there. If we need more CPU's or RAM, we flip a switch and it's there. If a server crashes the sites auto-repair in less than 5 minutes on another server which is why the 99.99% Uptime Guarantee. All customers data is constantly, and instantly mirrored to additional servers on the Cloud. It's Web Hosting, but it's Web Hosting without the common pitfalls in the industry today. That's why after 12 years we made such a drastic move. This is where Web Hosting is headed plain and simple. People demand uptime and reliability above all else so superior technology is necessary to achieve this. We've never overloaded, and we never will.

Quick Cloud Web Facts:

• 12 Years of Success in Web Hosting
  • Cloud Powered
  • Owned Intel Nehalem servers, Owned Juniper switches, Equinix world-class Data Centers
  • GUARANTEED resources
  • 99.99% GUARANTEED uptime
  • 24/7/365 Support through Email, tickets, and live chat w/ average 19 minute ticket response time
  • Instant scalability
  • High availability and instant failover
  • cPanel and extras including Softaculous, RVSkin, RVSitebuilder, PostgreSQL, and Ruby on Rails

I'll do my best to respond to inquiries as quickly as possible on the forum, so feel free to post any questions or concerns here. Thanks for your interest and enjoy the very HOT deal!

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
jail shell?

We can usually honor requests for a jail shell if you meet our criteria, but this would require further security screening of the account including a phone call from me as well.

If this is necessary for migration purposes, our technical support team will assist in migrating files/accounts/services from another provider free of charge.

Last edited:

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
What exactly are those criteria? My current host allows SSH access, and I use it occasionally to update my photo gallery software.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
It's more or less and internally designed algorithm over the years to limit risk. Each case is handled separately so there is no exact set criteria. You could kind of look at it like a credit score. If the score is high enough, then it's awarded. For most people here I don't think it will be a problem. :)

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Is there any early termination fee after 30 days

if for example we only use the service for 5 months and decide to quit
will we still only be charged the initial $1?

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Is there any early termination fee after 30 days

if for example we only use the service for 5 months and decide to quit
will we still only be charged the initial $1?

There is no catch or hidden fees. You can cancel at any time within the 6 months for no charge. All you pay is the $1. We also send out courtesy notifications in advance of billing additional terms so for the future $9.98/mo charges you will be notified in advance of that invoice in the case you forget.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Awesome deal... I have nothing to host though :(

Some ideas are a personal blog, your own myname@domain.com professional Email hosting, forum, internal use wiki, and reference point for your own needs. A hosted application that could help with your productivity. A crm, classifieds page for anything you sell, image gallery, etc.

We have the Softaculous installer on the servers which has easy access to install over 140 scripts with a click of the button so that may be worth checking for some ideas for a new venture. http://www.softaculous.com/softwares

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the amazingly quick response ...your offer sounds impossible to pass up!

(I hope someday you can start your own phone company and put those other guys to shame)

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Thanks for the amazingly quick response ...your offer sounds impossible to pass up!

(I hope someday you can start your own phone company and put those other guys to shame)

You're welcome. I think that there is going to be a shift in the market soon due to a demand of higher quality service and support, although this will also mean that it's due for a pricing reset and it will rise accordingly.

Morphine06

Sep 11, 2006
Are there any limitations on CPU usage? I run some business websites that are just static pages, but for fun I have a gaming community that are more dynamic. Typical forum software that doesn't require a constant connection and real time stats tracking for our game server. Is this something I would need to be concerned about?

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Are there any limitations on CPU usage? I run some business websites that are just static pages, but for fun I have a gaming community that are more dynamic. Typical forum software that doesn't require a constant connection and real time stats tracking for our game server. Is this something I would need to be concerned about?

Of course. The only shared hosting providers that don't limit CPU are prone to overload which results in an unbalanced and unfair hosting environment for everyone. Our network and servers are fast and reliable so we can't allow customers to go unwatched. While we do permit periodic bursts, a large sustained usage of the server could become a problem. Only in the event of a very serious server-wide damaging event would we suspend an account without prior notice, otherwise we will notify you first of a problem.

It's our policy to permit a reasonable burst, which is typically defined as 25% usage of a full node (usually 4-8 CPU's) for 90-second intervals without question. As long as the environment is optimized and running well (WPSuperCache for WP blogs for example) we have some pretty large sites running in a shared environment. But I've also seen poorly coded ones that have been suspended because they were causing a problem.

Forums can be CPU intensive so it's a case by case basis really. You could try asking your current host for your current numbers to have an idea of how much CPU you use there, but that is also just an early indication. If they are running on old hardware that may not match up to ours as obviously a Nehalem is going to run faster than Harpertown for example, so 30% there may be 15% for us.

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
I was looking at fatcow but this deal is amazing and offers similar options with some areas being even better. Good deal. I signed up!

Tristicus

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2008
www.wallpapereuphoria.com
I'd consider this if I wasn't already with Site5...they brought me in with unlimited bandwidth and storage, which I thought was perfect for my wallpaper site and any more I wanted to host. They have been good to me. But this deal seems incredible.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Be careful with "unlimited" hosts. It is a marketing term as there is no such thing:

http://www.cloudweb.com/not-unlimited

Now here's the fine print with Site5. I am not showing this to "pick" on them, but simply make you aware that this is what an "unlimited" host does:

https://secure.site5.com/legal/resource-usage/

Beware of these limits....

# Consume more than 16 MB of RAM.
# Utilize in excess of 15 seconds of CPU time.
# Number of open files should not exceed 64.
# Create core dumps.
# Number of simultaneous processes should not exceed 5.

# All users are restricted to 15 concurrent MySQL connections.
# Each database is restricted to 2 GB of disk space.
# Database queries should not exceed 3,000 per hour.
# Database changes (insert/update/delete) should not exceed 1,000 queries per hour.

Now here's something that is talked about in my blog post that "unlimited" hosts do to put a clearly defined limit on the storage. This is also Site5's policy:

"The total number of inodes in an account may not exceed 75,000. Every file (a webpage, image, email, php file, directory, etc.) on your account uses up one (1) inode."

"Simultaneous Apache connections may not exceed 50 from one individual source at any given time."

# Files in excess of 10 MB should not be sent via email.
# Processes should not send outbound mail to more than 25 recipients at any given time.
# The maximum number of members per mailing list is 1,500.
# POP connections are limited to 60 per hour.
# SMTP connections (outbound email connections) are limited to 500 per hour per server account.
# Mailing lists larger than 1,500 will require a semi dedicated, VPS, or dedicated server from us. Dividing one list into smaller parts to get around this limit is not allowed.
# Any mailing list over 900 emails is only allowed in off peak times such as Saturday and Sunday or from 1am to 8am ET during the week.
# Any mailing list must be throttled so that it sends an email every 6 seconds at the very minimum. If the mailing list software you are using doesn't support throttling you must use something else. We do this as this keeps the server load from going very high and causing problems for other users. If you don't do this you will be suspended.

Failure to fully comply with these terms is grounds for account suspension and/or termination (with or without refund, subject to Site5's discretion). All accounts and/or servers contained within Site5's network must adhere to the above policies.

We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice. If we terminate your account for violating policy, you will forfeit your rights to a refund--and none will be given. No refunds for advanced payment.

Looks like a lot of clear limits to me.

wpd7

May 27, 2004
I noticed it said unlimited domains, personal or business? Do you have WHM available?

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Please be aware that these are individual user accounts. So that means you can of course use that for a business (most all of our customers do). But, unlimited domains does not mean you can host your friends, parents, cousins, partner company, etc. That is what "individual" account limitations mean. (BTW, almost every host expects this). Also web developers cannot host all of their customers sites on this kind of account either as they do not own or operate those business's of their customer. The fact they may even be the only person managing those accounts or website is also irrelevant.

To lift that limitation then a Reseller account comes into play. Reseller accounts also have access to WHM to create separate cPanel accounts, create your own plans, delegate resources better, and you can create cPanel accounts for friends, relatives, partner companies, etc. We actually have quite a few Reseller accounts who have absolutely no intent to Resell, but they wanted to do one of the following:

1) Needed better control over their domains. They did not want one domain possibly using too many resources and risking the others. They also did this to be able to create separate cPanel accounts for each domain so their webmasters, secretaries, etc could login and only manage that one domain, the Email accounts, etc, without having access to the others.

2) A few people came together to split the costs of hosting multiple domains and/or companies so they purchased a Reseller account and the one person retained access to the WHM panel, but they created cPanel accounts for everyone else.

3) Web designers/developers can host all of their customers with a Reseller account because each of their customers is in their own cPanel operating environment.

CloudWeb

AnandTech Host
May 11, 2005
www.cloudweb.com
Hey everyone, I also wanted to make you aware that we are running a contest right now and there will be three prize winners. The prizes are:

- $100 gift card to anywhere and our STRATUS premium hosting plan for $1 for a year
- $75 gift card to anywhere and our STRATUS premium hosting plan for $1 for a year
- $50 gift card to anywhere and our STRATUS premium hosting plan for $1 for a year

This contest is open to all. You do *NOT* need to be a customer.

It's really simple. Take a look at our post http://www.cloudweb.com/contest-pic1 for more info.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Please be aware that these are individual user accounts. So that means you can of course use that for a business (most all of our customers do). But, unlimited domains does not mean you can host your friends, parents, cousins, partner company, etc. That is what "individual" account limitations mean. (BTW, almost every host expects this).

shoot, I didn't realize this before ordering...I had intended to host a blog/site for my mom, dad, and sister. Is it possible to convert to a reseller account?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.