Anandtech PSU Reviews

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
Very smart advice that completely misses the point of this thread.
We're expressing our point of view about the Anandtech review and what it was arguably lacking.
In a budget review I expected to see FSP.

I also expected to see a better PSU in the budget system builds they posted later - instead of that Allied time bomb.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Amart
Very smart advice that completely misses the point of this thread.
We're expressing our point of view about the Anandtech review and what it was arguably lacking.
In a budget review I expected to see FSP.

I also expected to see a better PSU in the budget system builds they posted later - instead of that Allied time bomb.

Do you think that AnandTech goes out and buys any of these? They ask companies for the product for a review and the company sends a sample. Maybe FSP never responded? That's AnandTech's fault? Move past it and look at other websites.

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
I don't know who's fault is it, or how that review was written. Just like you.

Anandtech is a top review site and I won't move past it. Hush.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I had a thought......

Why don`t you go out and purchase the Fortron PSU`s that you would like to see reviewed and donate them to this site to be reviewed!

Then you and everybody else would be happy!

Peace!!

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
No-one has proven that Anandtech sent a request to FSP and was denied.
No-one from Anandtech has yet to contact the community with requests to supply hardware for review.

I had a thought, how about you stop being so hostile?

The "suggestions" and personal attacks are quite pathetic, and don't contribute to the thread. I guess that's the end of the discussion. Peace.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002

I agree 100% with you. I think they need more people on staff to do what you expect out of them. :p

conlan

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
I think the OPs point is that FSP deserved to be included in the test, and i agree.
I've built a number of "budget" systems with the FSP 450 and have had nary a problem with any of them.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: conlan
I think the OPs point is that FSP deserved to be included in the test, and i agree.
I've built a number of "budget" systems with the FSP 450 and have had nary a problem with any of them.

Does FSP have any new power supply releases? The FSP front page has no news of anything released in a while. Seems like all four of the PSUs in AnandTech's last roundup were all recent releases (Antec Earthwatts, Corsair VX). Why would AnandTech write a review on something old?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No-one has proven that Anandtech sent a request to FSP and was denied.
No-one from Anandtech has yet to contact the community with requests to supply hardware for review.

I had a thought, how about you stop being so hostile?

The "suggestions" and personal attacks are quite pathetic, and don't contribute to the thread. I guess that's the end of the discussion. Peace.

Hostile.......
actually personally I thought your original post was quite childish and not very well thought out!

If it mattered that much to you which obviously it doesn`t because you assume that Anand`s site actually submitted a request....
Then you expound on that supposition by suggesting that somebody from Anand`s site needs to contact the community....about what might I add??

I still say if it matters that much to you go out and purchase the PSU`s that you want reviewed or go ask mommy and daddy to purchase those PSU`s and donate them to this site.

Keep the reciepts that way if after you donate them they say thank You but we have some coming then you can get a refund!

If your going to complain about something make sure the complaint has been well thought out and is a valid complaint!

Did you ever contact the person who reviews PSU`s to has about getting the Fortron brand reviewed??

hmmm

Peace!

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
actually personally I thought your original post was quite childish and not very well thought out!

You're entitled to your opinion, no one twisted your arm to respond.

If it mattered that much to you which obviously it doesn`t because you assume that Anand`s site actually submitted a request....

Don't lie, that argument was introduced by someone else in order to derail the thread.
There is a fact: FSP wasn't reviewed. There is an opinion: It should have been there.
That's it. The rest was troll nonsense that you're now trying to hang on me. No thanks.

Then you expound on that supposition by suggesting that somebody from Anand`s site needs to contact the community....
I still say if it matters that much to you go out and purchase the PSU`s that you want reviewed or go ask mommy and daddy to purchase those PSU`s and donate them to this site.

That was a reply to your absurd request, based on a wild assumption, that you just repeated. Hope you can comprehend it this time.

If your going to complain about something make sure the complaint has been well thought out and is a valid complaint!

It was valid and shared by others. You may disagree, just don't go all rabid on me for posting my opinion.

I understand you two want to increase your post count, but please do it elsewhere, maybe in the off-topic section, or maybe on some other forum.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You're entitled to your opinion, no one twisted your arm to respond.

Don't lie, that argument was introduced by someone else in order to derail the thread.
There is a fact: FSP wasn't reviewed. There is an opinion: It should have been there.
That's it. The rest was troll nonsense that you're now trying to hang on me. No thanks.

Then you expound on that supposition by suggesting that somebody from Anand`s site needs to contact the community....

That was a reply to your absurd request, based on a wild assumption, that you just repeated. Hope you can comprehend it this time.

It was valid and shared by others. You may disagree, just don't go all rabid on me for posting my opinion.

I understand you two want to increase your post count, but please do it elsewhere, maybe in the off-topic section, or maybe on some other forum.

actually if it did matter that much you really should have your parents purchase a few Fortron units and donate them to the cause......

Amart

Jan 17, 2007
actually if it did matter that much you really should have your parents purchase a few Fortron units and donate them to the cause......

How about I convince them to donate to your mental institution instead, that is, if you promise to take your pills on time. ^_^

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

How about I convince them to donate to your mental institution instead, that is, if you promise to take your pills on time. ^_^

okay so your parents won`t purchase and donate the PSU`s to anand`s. That`s OK!!

Peace!

skillyho

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2005
I agree with the OP. They should have been included in the budget review. It wasn't called the "NEW BUDGET PSU ROUNDUP"....it was merely an outlet to showcase what affordable PSU's are capable of. The Forton's are a part of that group and thusly should be included...a product's debut date is irrelevant to the topic.

Why should Amart donate something to Anandtech? And why are you getting so hostile about something so mundane? Chillax JEDIYoda....remember your training. The force is dark with you.

Good points to JonMcc33 about going to hardware specific sites for hardware specific reviews though....Anandtech can't cover everything, every time.