Not open for further replies.

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
First random drawing

http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=184388L6WCM

http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=184473U76MA

Greetings All!

It’s that time of years again! I have an abundance of hardware that I have no use for and just don’t feel right about selling (seeing as I don’t pay for it myself). This year I sitting on at least 3 Radeon RX 460 cards that I would like to give away. Anybody that posts here will know their reputation, if not, visit the Bench section on www.anandtech.com and have a look!

I say at LEAST 3 of these cards, because I may add 1 or 2 more cards or PC related items to the list. I have not listed any brands because I honestly don’t know which ones I will be giving away. XFX, MSI, etc; I’m just going to grab the first available in arm’s reach!

Just like last year, everybody who enters the contest will have their name listed on a public random drawing website (www.randomresult.com). The entry will run until December 20th and the drawing will be on the 23rd (just before Christmas). All names will be listed in a www.randomresult.com form with a date and time set for the drawing. That way everyone who has entered can bombard the site with “Refresh” requests and wait for the drawing live.

Just reply to this thread that you want to enter and I will begin compiling to list of entries up until the 20th; and post all of the entries thereafter for the drawing on the 23rd. This contest is NOT limited to JUST the USA. If you are in another Country; you may enter like anybody else, but you must be willing to pay any taxes or import dues associated with the prize. Mods are also allowed and encouraged to enter as well. Since the drawing is done via a random, impartial website; there is no way to cheat the system for anybody involved.

Thank you everyone and Happy Holidays to all!

EDIT: Adding RX 470 to the prize list!

EDIT: To ensure everyone gets an equal chance at all prizes, I will include all names for all of the lists. If somebody in the off-chance wins 2 of the 460 cards, there will be a re-drawing with that person's name removed from the list. If said person wins a 460 AND 470, they can choose which one they want and the other will be redrawn

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hey, thanks! Unlike before, I could use another RX 460 card, looking to make a pair out of this current gaming rig that I just re-built.

It has a B150 K4/Hyper mobo, and had a G3900 @ 4.3, now it's got an i5-6400 @ 4.5 currently (1.400V core, 1.300V DRAM), 16GB DDR4, and I threw in my only 4GB RX 460 card that I had picked up for another build, but never built.

I've got a 4K UHD HDR TV coming in a day or several, to complete the package.

So, I've got more mobos and RAM and cases and PSUs and SSDs... just need another 4K TV and another RX 460 to make a gaming rig pair.

Then, I just need to clean up my apt so one of my friends can come over and game with me.

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Thank you again for your generosity! Could definitely use an RX 460 :)
Happy Holidays! :)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I am not going to enter, but just wanted to say, thanks for doing this for the AT community!

Reactions: Ken g6

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
I'd like to benchmark the little Polaris. Sign me up and thank you for this action.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Wow this is awesome holiday spirit, you are very generous. Wish there was more people like you in the world!! I would like to be added as well, so could you please sign me up? Thanks a bunch..

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
This is cool, please enter me in the drawing. If I win one of those video cards, I'll be able to play video games on my computer without the house lights dimming!

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
OMG!

I'm in! I would absolutely love to be the lucky winner of one of these little wonders!
Thanks, nanaki!

Dave2150

Jan 20, 2015
Merry Christmas everyone :) (Bit early, but seems a festive thread!).

I would like to enter myself :)

Many thanks.

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
Don't forget people, there may be even more prizes available. I will probably have a decent high'ish capacity SSD and maybe even higher end graphics card or CPU mobo kit. So even if you don't need a new 460 graphics card, there may be a higher end or something else. I will update the post accordingly. If you specifically are NOT interested in the current crop of graphics cards now, you can request to be entered with future prizes.

Thanks all who entered and best of luck to all.
Happy Thanksgiving in the meantime or happy Black Friday if that's your thing! :)

A little bird told me there may be an RX 480 or 1060/1070 but dunno for sure. *tee-hee*

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Don't forget people, there may be even more prizes available. I will probably have a decent high'ish capacity SSD and maybe even higher end graphics card or CPU mobo kit. So even if you don't need a new 460 graphics card, there may be a higher end or something else. I will update the post accordingly. If you specifically are NOT interested in the current crop of graphics cards now, you can request to be entered with future prizes.

Thanks all who entered and best of luck to all.
Happy Thanksgiving in the meantime or happy Black Friday if that's your thing! :)

A little bird told me there may be an RX 480 or 1060/1070 but dunno for sure. *tee-hee*

Nice thread, nanaki333!

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Very generous of you ! Count me in, I can certainly find a good home for one of those 460s. I love forum giveaways it's so Christmas !

Magee_MC

Jan 18, 2010
Greetings All!

It’s that time of years again! I have an abundance of hardware that I have no use for and just don’t feel right about selling (seeing as I don’t pay for it myself). This year I sitting on at least 3 Radeon RX 460 cards that I would like to give away. Anybody that posts here will know their reputation, if not, visit the Bench section on www.anandtech.com and have a look!

I say at LEAST 3 of these cards, because I may add 1 or 2 more cards or PC related items to the list. I have not listed any brands because I honestly don’t know which ones I will be giving away. XFX, MSI, etc; I’m just going to grab the first available in arm’s reach!

Just like last year, everybody who enters the contest will have their name listed on a public random drawing website (www.randomresult.com). The entry will run until December 20th and the drawing will be on the 23rd (just before Christmas). All names will be listed in a www.randomresult.com form with a date and time set for the drawing. That way everyone who has entered can bombard the site with “Refresh” requests and wait for the drawing live.

Just reply to this thread that you want to enter and I will begin compiling to list of entries up until the 20th; and post all of the entries thereafter for the drawing on the 23rd. This contest is NOT limited to JUST the USA. If you are in another Country; you may enter like anybody else, but you must be willing to pay any taxes or import dues associated with the prize. Mods are also allowed and encouraged to enter as well. Since the drawing is done via a random, impartial website; there is no way to cheat the system for anybody involved.

Thank you everyone and Happy Holidays to all!

Thank you for doing this! I know that I could easily find a good use for anything if I did win. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.