An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

I actually support the right to bear arms, so this is kind of tough for me. On the one hand, it doesn't look like self defense. On the other hand, did you see that fucking smile?
Also its probably not a coincidence this stuff happens around christmas. People sit around and realize they arent happy with their lives and tempers flare up. Maybe we dont need holidays. Maybe we need every day to be a lot better.
Maybe we can, build back better?
;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Better tomorrow is too late for me. There are already people I would love to stab. Fortunately I know those people are just reflections of me. But knowing they are in no danger doesn't make me safe. I could put you on ignore for being such a wuss, expecting a better world to fix you, but what good would it do. I can avoid you but not me who is just the same.

Jul 9, 2009
People are murdered every day, not just on Holidays. The only way we can build back anything is if laws are actually upheld in the Courts and prosecutors actually start bringing people to trial for the crimes they commit.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
People are murdered every day, not just on Holidays. The only way we can build back anything is if laws are actually upheld in the Courts and prosecutors actually start bringing people to trial for the crimes they commit.
This message brought to you by the party of law and order (that doesn't actually apply law and order to its own party)

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

I actually support the right to bear arms, so this is kind of tough for me. On the one hand, it doesn't look like self defense. On the other hand, did you see that fucking smile?
Also its probably not a coincidence this stuff happens around christmas. People sit around and realize they arent happy with their lives and tempers flare up. Maybe we dont need holidays. Maybe we need every day to be a lot better.
Maybe we can, build back better?
;)
Did you miss the part where they were both using meth? Drug crazed people do drug crazed things.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
They were probably watching Hawkeye and got inspired. It happens.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
They were probably watching Hawkeye and got inspired. It happens.
more likely Deadpool as Hawkeye is an archer.

side note, have not seen the series as I don't subscribe to Disney+ so don't know what other characters are involved.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Reminds me of this gem.

“I saw the look in her eyes, and it scared the living poop out of me,” an upbeat Alex Lovell, then 29, told The Oregonian/OregonLive from his hospital bed. “I was just so proud for beating this samurai wannabe crazy lady with hate in her heart."

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Wilson claimed that Foster had been harvesting body parts and that he was possessed with several “entities living inside his body for the past several months,” adding that by stabbing him, she was “setting him free.” Wilson was arrested on first-degree murder charges and with armed criminal action. She is currently being held at the Cape Girardeau municipal jail.

Wow :confused_old:

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
more likely Deadpool as Hawkeye is an archer.

side note, have not seen the series as I don't subscribe to Disney+ so don't know what other characters are involved.

My comment is relevant, can't tell you why without spoiling the series :)

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Better tomorrow is too late for me. There are already people I would love to stab. Fortunately I know those people are just reflections of me. But knowing they are in no danger doesn't make me safe. I could put you on ignore for being such a wuss, expecting a better world to fix you, but what good would it do. I can avoid you but not me who is just the same.
So if by chance a psychotic schizophrenic kills you with a katana, it's because you were a psychotic schizophrenic as well?

I'm starting to see your commentary as akin to fortune cookies. Once in a while, one might hit the nail on the head or seem applicable, but the rest are nonsense.

Reactions: Zorba

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So if by chance a psychotic schizophrenic kills you with a katana, it's because you were a psychotic schizophrenic as well?

I'm starting to see your commentary as akin to fortune cookies. Once in a while, one might hit the nail on the head or seem applicable, but the rest are nonsense.
One problem I have with replying to this is that you might think I do so out of some need to defend, that I can't take being thought of as a fortune cookie.

On the other hand from reading what you wrote I conclude there was little in what I wrote you may have understood. Now I have the additional problem that what I say to try and fix that will be taken not as simple clarification but as personal criticism. For these reasons any attempt at potentially deepening your understanding of what I believe I was saying and I also believe you failed to grasp will likely fail.

In the first place, I can only be as good as I know how to be in explaining the things that I see and that may well represent a large lack of talent. It isn't always easy to say what you believe when you know what it is you want to convey. One tends, at least in my case, to use familiar analogies that others may not be familiar with.

Furthermore, my post was addressed to a specific person, the OP with no real intention to reach anyone else. I was speaking to one person who says he has me on ignore as much for my amusement as anything else:

"A better tomorrow is too late for me" means that shortylickens already has a disease that a better tomorrow won't fix. We are all the same. What is true of him is true of me. Hatred of others is hatred of the self and that isn't fixed by externals. The danger to humanity from self hate isn't going to go away merely as a function of the sun coming up. It is false hope to pretend that it will. The rest was about how we would all like to ignore this fact, or fact as I believe it to be.

So that business of being a psychotic if killed by one has nothing at all to do with what I wanted to say. That is not what it means to project.

Fortune cookie: Build back better for a better world for the sake of a better world only. Seek self understanding for issues of personal mental health. Past bad experiences that leave sadness or remorse only get buried and hidden by a better day, only to resurface at the drop of a pin.

rmacd02

Nov 24, 2015
MB

One problem I have with replying to this is that you might think I do so out of some need to defend, that I can't take being thought of as a fortune cookie.

Me

I think this is it. Lol