Amusing: "Who would Canadians vote for: Obama or Romney?"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It is for me.

High taxes.
Everything is over priced compared to the US.
Healthcare.
No good jobs except in major markets that I have no interest living in.
Too green.
Milk in bags.

Maybe it's just Ontario, IDK, but leaving was one of the best decisions I ever made.
And we're proud to have you.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
What's even more funny is Americans don't even know who your leader/prime minister/dictator/king/queen is. Nor do they give a shit.

no one else really gives a shit who the el presidente is either. people in other parts of the world are less insular and don't have an irrationally high opinion of their own country.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
no one else really gives a shit who the el presidente is either. people in other parts of the world are less insular and don't have an irrationally high opinion of their own country.

You all wouldn't be so jelly of us if we weren't so great. :thumbsup:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
amazing what can happen when you've got a smaller population, a ton of oil, and lower rates of illegal immigration from third world countries.

Your points are moot. Full Medical Coverage in the 1960's and Deficit Elimination in the 1990's are 2 such issues. Oil, population size, and Immigration were non-factors. What were the main factors was Political Will and Leadership.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Thats not amusing, thats the norm. Foreigners ALWAYS prefer the guy who does more for them than his own country. This is not news.