Amex is pretty awesome.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
So I was tired of trying to deal with Sunrocket's customer service for the last month. I attempted to cancel my service and called them like 2 or 3 times to get it done and they kept telling me they couldn't refund me my full $199. The problem was that I only had the service for 3 weeks because shipping was slow from the date I ordered the service and I couldn't call them to cancel because their service was so poor I couldn't understand what the people were saying. I never had these quality problems with Packet8.

Anyhow, it only took a short week and a half to get them to pony up the dough, but Amex came through. I was expecting them to come back with $183, but they wrote me an email apologizing for the poor service and refunded the full $199. Amex rocks for this kind of stuff....I only had to fill out a small form online and click submit. :)

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
They suck because on average, they charge the merchant a higher rate then Visa and Master card and that higher rate gets passed on to the consumer.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: miri
They suck because they charge the merchant a higher rate then Visa and Master card and that higher rate gets passed on to the consumer.

That's the cost of doing business. Those kinds of overhead fees may get passed to the consumer, but if it's really that big of an issue, purchase products from non-Amex accepting merchants and you can save yourself the difference.

miri

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
That's the cost of doing business. Those kinds of overhead fees may get passed to the consumer, but if it's really that big of an issue, purchase products from non-Amex accepting merchants and you can save yourself the difference.

Id rather not limit where I can shop like that, most businesses in America take American Express.