AmEx + Amazon (ymmv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2005
I saw it last night on my AmEx card: one of their offers was for $15 off at Amazon if you spend $60 by 12/31.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Thanks I received the Amex plus I have still the 10.00 Small business credit and the 25 credit for spending 200 at Newegg. Also 2 X 10.00 monthly credits on your cable/satellite bill.

Dec 10, 2005
you can get the amazon GC and still get credit right ? or is that excluded
I don't think it differentiates based on what you buy. It only matters where you buy afaik. The only thing you need to do is add the offer to your card. Maybe read the fine print to see if there are exclusions.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Actually got this this morning via email on the blue cash costco replacement card.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
you can get the amazon GC and still get credit right ? or is that excluded

I am going to say no to GC.

This is because the coupons that a person receives, are directed to his personal Amex CC account. Not everyone who has an Amex CC account gets the same coupons as the next guy. In other words, not every Amex CC holder will have this particular Amazon deal available to them.

And even when these coupons are in the account (one needs to log into their Amex CC account to see them), they actually need to activate that coupon within the account. If they don't activate before that purchase, the person gets no credit.

Dec 10, 2005
I am going to say no to GC.

This is because the coupons that a person receives, are directed to his personal Amex CC account. Not everyone who has an Amex CC account gets the same coupons as the next guy. In other words, not every Amex CC holder will have this particular Amazon deal available to them.

And even when these coupons are in the account (one needs to log into their Amex CC account to see them), they actually need to activate that coupon within the account. If they don't activate before that purchase, the person gets no credit.

I think you misunderstood. I think he's asking if you can activate the offer and buy an Amazon gift card, through Amazon, with your AmEx card, and then get the $15/off the gift card purchase.

Nov 20, 2009
Wasn't on our Costco Amex either, but was on our Amex Blue card, which we use on Amazon quite regularly. Wife signed up for the offer yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.