Americans are unfaithful

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Brought up agnostic, am agnostic.

Edit: And how about all the New Age douchebags who follow like 18 different religions at a time (as long as Christianity isn't one of them)? Not that they actually follow them, they just cherry pick the most superficially attractive aspects of each and call themselves "Spiritual".

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Dude, your question in the topic title and your question in your poll are contradictory. I read the question and chose yay without reading the poll question...assuming they were the same or at least similar.

I am most definitely unfaithful. :beer:

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
Was raised Hindu, now can't tolerate religion. Hence, for every religious thread, I will post:

LOL RELIGION

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
I dont know. Never was "brought" up a religion. We totally ignored it, but we werent ATHEIST per say. I would say agnostic. However, now I would say I am atheist.

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Brought up as Christian... was really into it. Bible camps, even as an adult led sunday school to HS seniors with passion.

That was only 4-5 yrs ago. Now I'm an agnostic pluralist. Definitely not an atheist either because atheists are just as bad as theists in terms of being opinionated when there's inconclusive proof on BOTH sides.

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It seems that they don't include non-denominational churches in the protestant category. I think that is a mistake - they are pretty much the same.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I was essentially raised nothing. Parents believed, but our side of the family didn't practice anything. My aunt and uncle are catholic and their children go to private catholic schools.

I decided I was atheist in high school.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I was born and raised a Christian. I still believe in God. I do not follow Christianity though.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I'd say I'm agnostic, as my parents are. I kind of want to be Christian, but it just seems to involve too much faith in the extraordinary.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005
I was raised Lutheran, but now I'm non-denominational. It's still considered Protestant, but I don't affiliate myself with any "organized" group of churches.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
I wasn't brought up as anything and I'm still agnostic so I'd say yes I'm still the same "religion"

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Raised Reformed/Conservative Jewish;
Sunday school, Hebrew school, Bar Mitzvah and Confirmation;
Was heavily involved in a Jewish youth group in HS;
Started a chapter and was heavily involved in a Jewish national fraternity in college (same frat as my father and brother);
Married a nice Jewish girl in a temple by a rabbi and cantor;
Member of my temple, on committees and the softball team ;);
Sent/send my children to our temple pre-school;
Fast on Yom Kippur;
Keep Passover;
Still Jewish.

Apparently, I am the exception to the rule.

MotionMan

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Was raised without religion. My dad didnt want us to be exposed to religion before we were able to decide things for ourselves. When I was old enough to decide. I decided having no relgion was fine.

So I voted "Yay" as I was raised without and I am still without.

jersiq

May 18, 2005
As a child, my parents were non-practicing Catholics, so we never went to church.
That translated into me being an atheist in my early adult years.
However, I found my faith a few years ago, and have been a Lutheran ever since.