American McGee is Developing a New Alice Game.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Its going to be called Alice: Asylum. It looks like its going to be crowdfunded and not thru EA which IMO is a good thing. Mcgee will have more artistic freedom.

McGee said having EA as publisher isn't necessarily their goal: "We're working to self-publish or publish through other channels. Licensing the IP from EA and developing/publishing independently is the goal." He also mentioned that he intends to obtain permanent holdership to the Alice IP/license, so that he has the creative freedom to do what he wants with the series in the future, such as creating official Alice games, merchandise, a potential book, film, etc., without going through obstacles dealing with EA.

If the crowdfund is successful, it is intended to be developed for PC, and for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X if Sony and Microsoft approve. He also mentioned the possibility of Nintendo Switch. However, he also stressed that it really depends on which companies are willing to help with the project - as many platforms as possible is ideal.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I thought for a moment that you were talking about American Laser Games: Mad Dog McCree.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I'm currently playing thru Alice: Madness Returns.

I love the art style. Its mostly a platform game. Lots of jumping which can get a bit repetitive.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'll need to pick up and play the original Alice games. They don't look like much but sure seem to have a helluva cult following so maybe there is something there aside from Alice simps.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I'll need to pick up and play the original Alice games. They don't look like much but sure seem to have a helluva cult following so maybe there is something there aside from Alice simps.

When it first came out, it had really good graphics. It used the id Tech 3 engine (Quake 3 engine).

It was a fairly creepy game. Had a lot of never before seen themes. And some interesting game mechanics in some levels. There was a remaster that came out about 10 years later. I suppose its worth a play if you are interested. But not sure how it has aged.

Reactions: blckgrffn