American & Israel behind Stuxnet

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Admissions not found. Sources not cited. Supporting documentation not presented.

In this article, a New York Times reporter is hyping his book. Conveniently enough, that book is due out on Tuesday.

Past New York Times reporters have pulled the same kind of crap... Here is what Kevin Mitnick had to say about that:

"I've learned a great many things in the past decade. I've learned that an unethical reporter for the New York Times who had a vendetta against me, had the power to destroy my life, based on his publication of repeated inaccuracies and outright falsehoods... Mr. Markoff has been hiding from the truth in this regard for over eight years. "

Does this author really know the content of private conversations that the President had with the vice president and the head of the CIA?

Does the author really know how Israel's secret groups operate?

Color me skeptical.

Here is a fact. The guy wants to sell books.

Uno

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Here is the way I look at it.

1. Only thieves, scoundrels, and various low lives rascals write malware they hope to install on computers they do not own. What programs are allowed to run on a computer that someone owns should be the decision of the individual computer owners.

2. When the perps who write malware are caught, they receive long prison sentences and why should there be any exceptions?

3. Stuxnet and its newly discovered flame companion are perhaps the most sophisticated piecess of malware ever written. Its likely everyone with a computer has one or more copies hiding somewhere on their computer. Because it damn near impossible to detect and remove.

4. The main job of stuxnet and flame is to wreck the controlling mechanisms of high speed centrifuges made by Seamans. Which arguably caused Iran billions of dollars of damage and was expected to totally derail Iran's legal right to enrich Uranium to and not past reactor grade concentrations, why should not Iran have a legal right in international courts to sue the writers of this malware for damages? After all, no State of war exists between Iran and any other nation.

5. Then we can ask, even if malware did no damage to all the high speed centrifuges we don't own or use, why should we care? But what else can stuxnet and flame do? Maybe those individuals who dare be critical of Israeli or US government policy may discover stuxnet and flame have put us on some enemy's list to be targeted later. Or maybe we will become victims of identity thieves and have no idea stuxnet and flame targeted them. Or worse yet, other simply for profit INDIVIDUALS who write malware, will reverse engineer stuxnet and flame, and malware all over the world will become out of control as all computers become corrupted and useless.

6. But then there is that other minor detail, Are stuxnet and flame really written by Israel, the USA, or both? Certainly the suspicions fall on Israel and the USA, but iron clad proof is needed.

7. But maybe we need to add cyber warefare as something included in the Geneva convention as weapons no humane or civilized nations is allolwed to use.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
7. But maybe we need to add cyber warefare as something included in the Geneva convention as weapons no humane or civilized nations is allolwed to use.

Maybe your post is a load of drivel full of false moral equivalency.

SecurityTheatre

Aug 14, 2011
There certainly is a reason to be concerned about the apparent widespread use of open-ended malware to accomplish state intelligence, along with the implications of this being done both covertly and super-legally.

Regardless, to claim that Iran is without blame is equally (if not more) ridiculous, as they are clearly stockpiling nuclear material with the intent to inflame international relations and potentially build enormously destructive weapons. Their leaders have spoke vocally against the rights of other sovereign nations and have a clear desire to use violence to attain their goals.

Even a sympathizer with their goals and a critic of Western governments has to recognize the bald hypocrisy with both their actions and words. If you decry American hypocrisy, you should also decry Iranian hypocrisy. It's nearly impossible to paint Iran as the "good guy" even if you happen to be someone who views the US or Israel as the "bad guy", simply because Iran's actions are so transparently aggressive.

Just my opinion.