American Idol, has anyone ever called in to vote?

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
How long were you on the phone to vote? Does it cost money to call in to vote, or is it standard phone rate?

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
if you don't get through, you get a busy signal. i've only got a busy signal like twice. you can vote as many times as you want. no charges showed up on my verizon cell phone bill.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
we voted last year....AFAIK there was a limit like max. 10 calls...dont know if they still have it.
Glad the one guy is out now....i hated him :)

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
I sent them text messages to vote for the earlier contestants. Now I get spam on my phone....

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
it totally depends on who you were voting for.

i voted always for the people i loved, which last year was clay. his line was always jammed, so i would get in one out of every four tries. this caused some to think the lines were down and "test" by calling another line and get through but that would just register a vote...

there was no limit. once i was dialing for four different people in one hour. after a while i began voting "strategically" - i.e. i knew clay and ruben would always get tons of votes, but i wanted to boot carmen off, so i'd start voting for say, trenyce like crazy.

its toll free, 1-866 numbers. if you get a busy signal, don't worry. the line does not tell you the name of who you dialed, but "thank you for voting for contestant number 3" so you better remember the numbers! i hit no max last year - i'd vote over and over and over.