AMD to hold event January 31st - NDA on Ryzen to lift February 28th

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Suddenly, high-end computer hardware looks dirt cheap again! Oh wait, PC gaming is and always has been my cheapest hobby...

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Suddenly, high-end computer hardware looks dirt cheap again! Oh wait, PC gaming is and always has been my cheapest hobby...
Yeah the TCO and upkeep is way cheaper then many other hobbies, especially if you use Linux.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Friend's wife works at AMD and I've been getting some nice Ryzen swag items :) Especially since they had a big sales conference here last week. The hoodie I got is probably the nicest of the swag items. Just wish I could have gotten some samples :(

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Not much more than Stock holder meeting/event.

http://ir.amd.com/mobile.view?c=74093&v=200&d=2&id=5246442

"#1 VISUAL COMPUTING STRONG
― Introduce next-Gen products ― Drive graphics market share gains with gaming leadership ― Innovate in immersive computing with VR/AR ―
STRONG #2 IN COMPUTING
Grow APU/CPU PC unit market share ― Re-entry into datacenter/ infrastructure market and expand the breadth of our customer and partner engagements to enable broad platform, ecosystem and software validation ― Expand gross margin.
BROADEN OUR TECHNOLOGY REACH
Grow semi-custom with new design wins ― Create deep customer and technology partnerships that leverage our IP and innovation. "

Last edited:

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
How much is a pony going for these days any ways??
Its not the pony that is expensive, its the associated costs. Feed, Vet, housing, etc. I think people here moaning about cpus and gpus using an extra 25 watts is crazy. I've got 2 1500 watt water tank heaters running all winter just to keep the tanks from freezing.

On Topic: So no real leaks yet?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I as well. Been saving up since the last must have AMD CPU and now I have enough to buy a pony! Thanks AMD!

I've been "saving" in the form of AMD shares that I bought back in June. As speculation/value increases, and delays or whatever continue on, it just determines how much more I can put into a new system. It's not "a lot" of shares....but it's definitely a lot of free money that is going to allow me to step out of that ~$200 GPU space that I have always been in and up to the ~$500 space, or whatever Vega 10 turns out to be. And seeing as how things are going right now, I might be able to make an easy choice between 8/8 or 8/16 without worrying too much about price.

Oh, and that new display

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
I've been "saving" in the form of AMD shares that I bought back in June. As speculation/value increases, and delays or whatever continue on, it just determines how much more I can put into a new system. It's not "a lot" of shares....but it's definitely a lot of free money that is going to allow me to step out of that ~$200 GPU space that I have always been in and up to the ~$500 space, or whatever Vega 10 turns out to be. And seeing as how things are going right now, I might be able to make an easy choice between 8/8 or 8/16 without worrying too much about price.

Oh, and that new display
I talked it. With Nvidia as I'm not a believer in amd as a company. Engineering sure but not as a company. If I had actually followed through with my Nvidia shares I'd have just bought titan xp and waited for Vega 10 cf. But oh well you win some you lose some.
The stock market is not at a place where I'm happy to play anymore though.