Feb 8, 2002

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-23-3-1

Highlights
  • Support for:
    • Halo Infinite™ Ray Tracing Update
    • Wo Long™: Fallen Dynasty
Fixed Issues
  • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
  • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
  • Intermittent driver timeout may be observed in Halo Infinite™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled.
  • Corruption may be observed in Dying Light™ 2 around certain light sources.
  • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent driver timeout, system freeze or BSOD may be observed using select displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
Known Issues
  • High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • Connection failure or black screen may be observed using Parsec client with AMD decoder setting.
  • Application crash may be observed while playing UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently resize across the display on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600M. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Performance Metrics Overlay.
  • The Performance Metrics Overlay may have some missing units when enabled, or situationally become truncated after changing display scaling settings.
Important Notes
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades.
Package Contents
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 Driver Version 22.40.37.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14037.1007).

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmee
Nov 26, 2005
Installed just now. Looks like the AMD GPU Stress test is functioning normally again. However it seems my VRAM speed is locked, unless that's how it's supposed to be?

Nov 26, 2005
Not sure if cache is being rebuilt but I'm stuttering bad in UT4.

EDIT: was under the assumption that doing a factory reset rebuilt game cache.. seems to be smoothing out.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2005
RGB flickered, crashed, and set itself to red and tried cycling out of it. DDU'ing and rolling back to 23.2.2

7 series GPU

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Might have to check out Halo with Ray Tracing... if it'll actually work with my 6900

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
It did nothing to improve Wo Long, but that is the game's fault no doubt.

Reactions: Makaveli

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Interesting, I wonder if this will fix my driver hangs in SC2. I was wondering if my card was just unstable.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Good news, after trying the new driver in SC2, no driver timeouts so far, and I didn't even need to limit my FPS.

Nov 26, 2005
Back on the new drivers after reinstalling the new chipset drivers in full. Had one driver install fail in the bunch before, but i figured it wouldn't matter because release notes said 'No Change" but this time I ran the chipset driver twice to make sure the install summary said everything was a success and so far the RGB on the GPU hasn't crashed. I assumed it was related before and now I'm just speculating. Also this driver install was updated through the GUI Adrenaline software but before I did the update I reset everything to factory defaults where as last time I didn't. So maybe that helped also?