• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question amd shortage

ronss

May 25, 2003
i see that tsmc makes amd chips, and intel makes their own. due to the fact that tsmc is behind in making chips for everyone, i was just wondering if their can become a amd shortage. i thought there might of been with the r5 5600x , but it seems to available now in a few places...i got scared, and snagged one up, being fearful that amd could be like the graphics cards shortage..is this possible?????>

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
What AMD CPU shortage? I haven't noticed any since the 5000 series launched. ;)
Huh??? There most certainly *was* a shortage of some or most 5000 series AMD chips for a few months after launch. Supply seems to be good now though, at least the last time I checked.

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Huh??? There most certainly *was* a shortage of some or most 5000 series AMD chips for a few months after launch. Supply seems to be good now though, at least the last time I checked.
Hence the " ;) ".

It's all that's been talked about in every computer forum or article about CPUs since AMD's launch.

Reactions: Tlh97 and IEC

moinmoin

Platinum Member
Jun 1, 2017
Actually the shortage of Ryzen 5000 chips seems to be consistently over since a little over a week, so the timing of this thread is doubly funny.

Ajay

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Due to an increase in N7 wafer production, the shortage should be over by July.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
ok, i quess i got postmature frightened.....after seeing what happen to the gpu scene, and reading on the net amd does not manufacture their own cpu chips, i was wondering..thks, i quess i did not need to be in a rush to get one
ftfy

• Haha
Reactions: IEC

ASK THE COMMUNITY