AMD Ryzen (Summit Ridge) Benchmarks Thread (use new thread)

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom2pro

Apr 2, 2016
This is not funny. Actually, joking about him appearing should be the only thing that's always moderated. xD
I just got a massive headache reading just 2 posts from him over at SA.

I don't read a post at SA until I have read the top line where it shows who is posting... I used to be able to skip his posts when he had his ridiculous signature but he's since removed that.

Reactions: Drazick and lobz

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
Yup. WCCFtech thinks so, with Feb28 being the release date for the reviews... the Capsaicin event.

Apparently CPC posted this image today over at their twitter and promptly removed it.

C4k5XLkWQAYNDpU.jpg

Reactions: swilli89

Agent-47

Jan 17, 2017
i know we donot trust WCC, but they are claiming that 28th Feb is the release date? "With shipments expected to commence on the 28th"

i though 28th was the NDA lift date.

I'm visiting US between 18th Feb and 5th March. I just hope there will be enough reviews to show its worth making the purchase from there. Prices in UK are quite a bit inflated by tax. Then buy a motherboard at a later date once all the boards have been tested

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So why would you expect him to break NDA?

What makes you think I expected him to break it? My question was more of a joke because I know people can't break NDAs. The :) should have denoted that. People have been asking him question that would break the NDA for a while, and he is a good sport about it.

JDG1980

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2013
I know it sounds like an odd choice, but I'd like to see a leak of the Dolphin emulation benchmark for Ryzen. It's a pretty good proxy for overall single-threaded performance, in one of the few real-world apps that still requires this. Emulation is branch-heavy, so any potential issues with the branch predictor should show up here.

Reactions: psolord

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
I bet someone will break the NDA for short internet fame.

I think some are BS and some are legit.
Me too!! I mean any one could make a graph, heck I could make a graph showing a raspberry pi zero completely destroying a 6900k. Who's to say these leaks aren't just some guy having some fun trolling the world with some unprovable clickbate.Its to hard to tell truth from untruth these days :(

CentroX

Apr 3, 2016
Me too!! I mean any one could make a graph, heck I could make a graph showing a raspberry pi zero completely destroying a 6900k. Who's to say these leaks aren't just some guy having some fun trolling the world with some unprovable clickbate.Its to hard to tell truth from untruth these days :(
My fear is that they're all fake and ryzen totally sucks on launch day :(

Reactions: Justinbaileyman

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
I know it sounds like an odd choice, but I'd like to see a leak of the Dolphin emulation benchmark for Ryzen. It's a pretty good proxy for overall single-threaded performance, in one of the few real-world apps that still requires this. Emulation is branch-heavy, so any potential issues with the branch predictor should show up here.

Dolphin is actually a fringe case. Haswell got a >30% bump in performance on emulators, over Ivybridge. Did single threaded performance, or gaming performance for that matter, increase by that much? Not even close.

I still say that Oblivion's Imperial Market District (raining weather @ noon) is the best way to check single thread performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.