AMD Ryzen (Summit Ridge) Benchmarks Thread (use new thread)

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyguy1948

Nov 29, 2008
If you look at Vishera results, with 8 threads, you will find similar scores when overclocked. As this is a test that seems to scale quite well with the number of threads/physical cores, it seems quite unlikely that a CPU with double the count of FPU units & threads (not to mention a lot more schedule/execution/retire resources per core) will score the same as an overclocked old generation part. So something is quite off in that test, I don't know if it's fake or simply we are looking to a issue with the test itself.

Yes the total score is close. But if you look at the details:
Bench Zen Vishera
Int 458 407
Long 137 102
Quad 2.7 8.1
Single 348 251
Double 201 139
Quad fp 9.5 4.6

So how are they doing total score?
I have tested geomean, harmean and average but none of them is used.....

Sweepr

Diamond Member
May 12, 2006
Ryzen Lineup (Rumor)

amd-ryzen_r7_r5_r3_zps7m2e4px5.png

http://www.coolaler.com/threads/amd-r7、r5、r3-型號出爐-有17款之多.342093/

Reactions: Drazick

inf64

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2011
That is way too many SKUs IMO. Also positioning 12T Ryzen that has 300Mhz base range differential against 4T i5 KL range, is that a joke?

lolfail9001

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2016
I say BS simply because Lisa Su herself had a giant slide on the screen that said 3.4ghz+ for "base clocks" specifically already during the Horizon event.
We never established whether that meant: "For literally every Ryzen CPU" or just "We will totally have a 3.4Ghz or higher base clock SKU".

Otherwise, i call BS because that naming brings up associations with dumpster tier GPUs.
That is way too many SKUs IMO. Also positioning 12T Ryzen that has 300Mhz base range differential against 4T i5 KL range, is that a joke?
Well, if we assume that all these "PRO" marked SKUs are basically server/workstation chips ala Opterons, then SKU count is not really outrageous. Basically 2 clock bins per tier, looks about right to me.

lolfail9001

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2016
Fake, as pointed out at the HardOCP forums the CPU identifier is all wrong compared to the ones used at CES demos. Most importantly the end of the string has a "Y" to indicate an iGPU, which is completely impossible for a Summit Ridge part.
I was one of those to point that out and i am in doubt myself now because of following:
https://videocardz.com/65654/amd-ryzen-6-core-cpu-exists

Looks like sample with this name does exist, after all.

And god damn, i really do not want this screen to be true.

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015
Pricing range, first. Performance follows.

If this is true, and everything what we know about Ryzen is correct, the pricing is disrupting the market pretty badly for Intel. Because, according to this, for 230$, you will get 6C/12T CPU.

The only way Intel can market their Kaby Lake SKUs is by MASSIVELY lowering the prices.

Also SR7 1700X can be the aforementioned 3.45//3.7 GHz CPU from the New Horizon demo. For 400$...

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
If this is true, and everything what we know about Ryzen is correct, the pricing is disrupting the market pretty badly for Intel. Because, according to this, for 230$, you will get 6C/12T CPU.

Translation says the Intel comparison is performance (in what though?), not price. The X models are the unlocked ones it suggests.

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015
From SA forum:
AMD-Ryzen-geschaetzte-Workstation-Performance.png

Translation says the Intel comparison is performance (in what though?), not price. The X models are the unlocked ones it suggests.
If the translation says that 1800X is competitive with 6900K, how come 8 core suddenly can be competitive with 6 core CPU only, or 4 core, for that matter?

Vesku

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2005

AMD has publicly stated all Zen are unlocked. OC governed by chipset.

If there are "Pro" SKUs hopefully that is ECC capability for low mark up.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
AMD has publicly stated all Zen are unlocked. OC governed by chipset.

There's no guarantee that all Summit Ridge models will be branded as Ryzen. The other possibility that you only get XHR (or whatever it's called) on non-X models.

If the translation says that 1800X is competitive with 6900K, how come 8 core suddenly can be competitive with 6 core CPU only, or 4 core, for that matter?

Clock speed plus IPC difference.

bjt2

Sep 11, 2016
We never established whether that meant: "For literally every Ryzen CPU" or just "We will totally have a 3.4Ghz or higher base clock SKU".

Otherwise, i call BS because that naming brings up associations with dumpster tier GPUs.

Well, if we assume that all these "PRO" marked SKUs are basically server/workstation chips ala Opterons, then SKU count is not really outrageous. Basically 2 clock bins per tier, looks about right to me.

Maybe PRO are with full cache and non PRO are with half cache. I would guess that yields are not great now and that CPU with damaged cache would not be thrown away.
Also I agree that there can be sku with 3 up to 3.6GHz of base clocks. But i hope that these are early rumors and final clocks will be a little bit higher...
EDIT: i didn't see that there are three designations: maybe PRO without L3, plain with half L3 and X with full L3.

lolfail9001

Golden Member
Sep 9, 2016
Maybe PRO are with full cache and non PRO are with half cache. I would guess that yields are not great now and that CPU with damaged cache would not be thrown away.
Hm, that is interesting proposal, but i think it works better with those "X" SKUs, because otherwise this letter is utterly meaningless.

bjt2

Sep 11, 2016

They should be all unlocked, unless you mean XFR full unlocked (in TDP)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yes, that's a joke. But tbh, no one really knows the actual performance.

Still, the fact that the base clocks on this chart aren't in line with what has been announced and actually tested, requires the consumption of much salt in order to digest this image.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
If you look at Intel 16 T for newer systems you are in range 700-800.

When overclocked to the roof, a 3.5GHz 6950X is at 501, dunno where your 700-800 come from, besides Intel s scores are highly inflated by AVX2 and FMA..

If you look at Vishera results, with 8 threads, you will find similar scores when overclocked.

FTR it score about 180 at 4.2GHz, so to get to 318 it would need to be clocked at 7.42GHz, i guess that like the previous member you are confusing scores made with different versions of Sandra, the score of Zen was made with the 2015 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.