AMD Ryzen (Summit Ridge) Benchmarks Thread (use new thread)

Page 84 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
40% is a mean value... In blender is on par with Broadwell E (that have more L3 and more memory channels) and, while i can't find data on blender for excavator, i vaguely remember 80-90% advantage in cinebench of intel CPUs... If the advantage in blender is similar...

IPC is still unknown but throughput has been more or less cornered thanks to recent leaks, compared to Piledriver in a FX and clock/clock the ratios per core are :

INT32 : 1.564x

INT64 : 2.09x

FP32 : 2.94x

FP64 : 3.44x

The FP results are likely the more precise here, for INT there could be some limitations due to low bandwith of the tested plateform, in wich case the INT ratios above should be bigger.

Zen numbers are available at Dresdenboy site, FX numbers can be found at Sisoftware site.

http://dresdenboy.blogspot.fr/

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Courtesy of Trickyday at SA :

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon

Watch New Horizon, hosted by Geoff Keighley, for an exclusive advance preview of our new “Zen” CPU ahead of its 2017 Q1 launch.
See eSports & Evil Geniuses legend PPD put “Zen” through its paces. There’ll be appearances from special guests and giveaways.
This is the first time the public will be able to try it themselves and see what it’s capable of. If you’re serious about gaming, this is an event you do not want to miss.

Two weeks left and we ll have the numbers...

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Watch New Horizon, hosted by Geoff Keighley, for an exclusive advance preview of our new “Zen” CPU ahead of its 2017 Q1 launch.

See eSports & Evil Geniuses legend PPD put “Zen” through its paces. There’ll be appearances from special guests and giveaways.

This is the first time the public will be able to try it themselves and see its capabilities. If you’re serious about gaming, this is an event you do not want to miss.

FlanK3r

Sep 15, 2009
I think not, maybe only some interesting info about platform.

Odesláno z mého NEM-L21 pomocí Tapatalk

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
You think we'll have useable numbers from this?

There should be something of the sort since they state that :

an exclusive advance preview of our new “Zen” CPU

and :

This is the first time the public will be able to try it themselves and see its capabilities.

Dont know how they could do a preview and moreover let us see its capabilities if they give no clues about the perfs...

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
Sounds like AMD is done tuning the first batch of 8c/16t Zens. I'm curious as to price.

mikk

Diamond Member
May 15, 2012
Exclusive Advance Preview could mean they can exclusively play some games on it. I doubt we get some meaningful performance numbers from this event.

swilli89

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2010
Exclusive Advance Preview could mean they can exclusively play some games on it. I doubt we get some meaningful performance numbers from this event.
Only meaningful numbers will be the boost to AMD's stock price :D:D:D:D

Reactions: blublub

KTE

May 26, 2016
Another cheap PR event it seems.

A month before launch, if this is all it is, then it's not looking like anything out of the norm.

Sent from HTC 10
(Opinions are own)

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
This thread is grade A trolling! How was this not locked by like page 3?

Trolling is not allowed
Markfw
Anandtech Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

therealjustin

Jul 25, 2011
Well I'm excited to see what ZEN has to offer. As long as it is faster than my 2600K and doesn't need a nuclear power plant to run, I'm in.

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
This last month of waiting is the worst I swear. But I have already decided I am buying 2.. my machine is giving me issues, and even if Zen underdelivers it will still be better than what I have currently.. (overheating 4770k).

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Well I'm excited to see what ZEN has to offer. As long as it is faster than my 2600K and doesn't need a nuclear power plant to run, I'm in.

I think it's interesting how many people want Zen to exceed some particular product of Intel's. AMD's first goals should be to exceed the performance of their existing products. They really need to beat XV on a per-thread basis, and they also need to beat Vishera/PD in total throughput. Preferably they need to do so while using less power per thread.

Summit Ridge does look like it'll whip any Vishera soundly, and the current listed maximum TDP of 95W is promising, even if it portends low clockspeeds. Less clear is how a hypothetical 2c/4t Zen would perform against 2m/4t Bristol Ridge. To some that may seem an academic consideration, but really, there is a good reason to think of things in that way . . .

Mar 10, 2006
This last month of waiting is the worst I swear. But I have already decided I am buying 2.. my machine is giving me issues, and even if Zen underdelivers it will still be better than what I have currently.. (overheating 4770k).

Overheating CPU might indicate a problem with your cooling solution. You should reapply thermal paste and re-seat your HSF.

You may also want to consider a new cooler.

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
Overheating CPU might indicate a problem with your cooling solution. You should reapply thermal paste and re-seat your HSF.

You may also want to consider a new cooler.
It's liquid cooled, I also tried the H7 Cryorig on it with no luck.. it's the lid issue with no heat transfer. In fact the heat can't get transferred to the cooler and my whole motherboard gets hot from it. I made it stable by undervolting, but can't wait to upgrade.

Mar 10, 2006
It's liquid cooled, I also tried the H7 Cryorig on it with no luck.. it's the lid issue with no heat transfer. In fact the heat can't get transferred to the cooler and my whole motherboard gets hot from it. I made it stable by undervolting, but can't wait to upgrade.

Strange issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.