AMD Ryzen (Summit Ridge) Benchmarks Thread (use new thread)

Page 110 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Great stuff. Damn. Someone take the blender and handbrake files and give it some analysis?

raghu78

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2012
Goddamn it. 3.4 Ghz base. Beats a stock 6900k boosting to 3.5 Ghz while running at 3.4 Ghz. Man exciting times for the CPU market. I think AMD is back. :)

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Huh, grain of salt for 1st party benchmarks (but a smaller grain than usual for running the benchmarks live, and posting some stuff online to help people reproduce them), but it looks like AMD might have actually done the impossible. Zen looks to be competitive with Intel's greatest in terms of IPC with better perf/W. Of course, both Blender and Handbrake should really stress the FPU, so the benchmarks we've seen so far are pretty similar...

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Huh, grain of salt for 1st party benchmarks (but a smaller grain than usual for running the benchmarks live, and posting some stuff online to help people reproduce them), but it looks like AMD might have actually done the impossible. Zen looks to be competitive with Intel's greatest in terms of IPC with better perf/W. Of course, both Blender and Handbrake should really stress the FPU, so the benchmarks we've seen so far are pretty similar...
Well, Broadwell is not quite Intel's greatest as far as IPC, is it?

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
I was thinking last night that I'm getting the upgrade itch. Zen could be in my future :)

liahos1

Aug 28, 2013
piednoel claims QSV was not enabled in the cpu demos. Does that specifically affect just handbrake or also blender?

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003

According to AMD at least, they have better IPC the BDW. But that is based on their own benchmarks. Might be a bit better or worse than SKL/KBL, but hopefully will be in the ballpark. Hence, "competitive."

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014

Yeah, Skylake-X is coming. This is first generation Zen packing this much of a punch, Zen+ is definitely Skylake challenging material.

Lisa made quite the remark at the 6900k costing USD 1100. Time to bring those monopoly prices down, gotta love competition!

Also, they're now showing Ryzen + Vega running SWBF 4k maxed out at >60FPS. Nice!

BigDaveX

Jun 12, 2014

It's not too far off Skylake, and Kabylake offers no improvement on that front. If AMD does run into any trouble it'll more likely be with clockspeeds; 3.4GHz isn't bad at all for an 8-core chip (though I expect Intel will clock Skylake-X more aggressively if Ryzen is competitive), but if the 4-core and 6-core versions are stuck in the same clock range, that'll be more of an issue.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
It's not too far off Skylake, and Kabylake offers no improvement on that front. If AMD does run into any trouble it'll more likely be with clockspeeds; 3.4GHz isn't bad at all for an 8-core chip (though I expect Intel will clock Skylake-X more aggressively if Ryzen is competitive), but if the 4-core and 6-core versions are stuck in the same clock range, that'll be more of an issue.
Now we might find out if Intel has anything up it's sleeve that it has needed an excuse to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.