Question AMD Ryzen 5000 - AVAILABILITY

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kocicak

Jan 17, 2019
Has AMD commented about availability of the new 5000 series processors? Should it be better than the last time?

Here in Czechia at launch only 1 retailer had them in stock, 5950X and 5900X went quickly, 5800X and 5600X held a little bit longer but in about half an hour all were gone. None to be seen anywhere now.

Reactions: nikomsuman

loafbred

May 7, 2000
Anyone order from B&H before? I ordered a video card that was listed as IN STOCK, expected delivery Nov. 28th on Nov. 24th,. They sent an email and apologizing that it was out of stock the next day, expected delivery Dec. 15th. They notified me last week that it will now be in stock at the end of February. I still haven't cancelled, since no one else has it.

Later I noticed they charged me the day I ordered it. Sadly I cancelled an order at Amazon that was supposed to ship Dec. 7th, because B&H claimed it was going to be delivered the 28th of November and in stock. Not a great first order experience.

I thought of ordering a 5600X a couple of times, but now I don't know if they can be trusted when they say in stock.
They shipped my 5800x today, exactly two weeks after ordering.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
I have to wonder if that's really up to date.

I checked out the last 5600X for my son's computer, and their stock showed 6 in stock while I was in line. It's been pretty accurate in my past experience. As long as there are more than 10 showing as in stock Online, it's pretty well guaranteed to be available.

samboy

Aug 17, 2002
Managed to snag a 5950x at Sharonville Microcenter shortly after open........ they had listed 4x as being available.

They also indicated that they were no longer handing out vouchers for CPU's (only GPU's) and just go in the store for CPU. I arrived 10 minutes prior to open (and of course was at the end of a 30 or so person line)

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
why doesnt someone purchase them and then sell me one for 100$ extra :p ill take a 5600x 5800x or 5900x, id drive to tustin micro center if they had them but its 200 miles away heh

• Wow
Reactions: lightmanek

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
why doesnt someone purchase them and then sell me one for 100$ extra :p ill take a 5600x 5800x or 5900x, id drive to tustin micro center if they had them but its 200 miles away heh
I've always been weary of how to ensure the transaction goes smoothly. I know I'm good to send you the processor, and you know you're good to send me the money, but how to you know I'll send the processor once you send me the money? I'd considered just opening up an eBay account and really doing a private option kind of deal, but not sure the logistics of "securing" that the transaction happens.

If you know of a good way, happy to try to work it out!

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
I've always been weary of how to ensure the transaction goes smoothly. I know I'm good to send you the processor, and you know you're good to send me the money, but how to you know I'll send the processor once you send me the money? I'd considered just opening up an eBay account and really doing a private option kind of deal, but not sure the logistics of "securing" that the transaction happens.

If you know of a good way, happy to try to work it out!

You can do payments through Paypal. If you do the payment as a purchase and not friends/family or whatever they call it, they'll provide their usual coverage/guarantees if something goes wrong. They'll charge you a fee (5% I think) but it would give some peace of mind to both parties (not that it's perfect protection, but much better than nothing). You'd have to arrange with the buyer to cover the fee through increasing the purchase price.

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
You can do payments through Paypal. If you do the payment as a purchase and not friends/family or whatever they call it, they'll provide their usual coverage/guarantees if something goes wrong. They'll charge you a fee (5% I think) but it would give some peace of mind to both parties (not that it's perfect protection, but much better than nothing). You'd have to arrange with the buyer to cover the fee through increasing the purchase price.
@killster1 if you wish, direct message me so we don't clutter the thread :)

Asterox

Golden Member
May 15, 2012
Glad to see that stock is opening up.

For example, Ryzen 5 5600X can be purchased in Croatia/Hungary/Austria/Germany/Poland etc.Similar story for R7 5800X, it can be purchased or more or less in stock.

In Croatia, now all Ryzen 5000 series is in stock from R5 5600X to Ryzen 9 5950X.

https://www.adm.hr/cpu-amd-sam4-0915/153/?&p=1&s=24

undertaker101

Banned
Apr 9, 2006
5600x and 5800x drop on Amazon all day, if you have a script running way easy to catch. If not, tons of listings on CL in bay area for 350 which is practically msrp since you would pay close to 330 with tax anyway.