AMD Ryzen 3000 Builders Thread

Page 125 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
How many on the forum actually have a 3300X? Is this a first?

First I've seen. Not that many people before were excited to get an entry budget CPU, but these days, getting anything seems like a reason to celebrate.

I've been looking for one myself, but not willing to pay $150~180 for a $100 CPU. So I'm slumming on an Athlon 3000G ($50) that I got at MSRP a while back, in one of my work machines. I've been wanting to replace it eventually with something like the 3300X ($100ish, if MSRP) or a 3600x ($200ish MSRP), because the applications I'm running on one work machine are entirely single threaded, and the 3300x vs 3600x have the same single thread performance basically, so the 3300x is a pretty good economy CPU. It's about 50% faster in single thread performance than the 3000G, so a fair increase in performance for the double cost (if MSRP). If only we could get it at MSRP of course. Sadly we can buy the 5600x for MSRP but all these budget chips are inflated still. At this point I think my goal will be to just pick up a 5600X at MSRP (since they are actually common at MSRP now weirdly) for my primary workstation and move my 3700X into my gaming machine and then pick up a 3300x for my outside workstation to replace the 3000G out there once prices are better. I don't feel like gambling $130 from Korea or somewhere on the 3300X right now, and I'm not paying $150~180 here in the USA. I would probably pay $120 at this point here in the USA or MSRP if it ever gets there.

Very best,

Last edited:

B-Riz

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2011
First I've seen. Not that many people before were excited to get an entry budget CPU, but these days, getting anything seems like a reason to celebrate.

I've been looking for one myself, but not willing to pay $150~180 for a $100 CPU. So I'm slumming on an Athlon 3000G ($50) that I got at MSRP a while back, in one of my work machines. I've been wanting to replace it eventually with something like the 3300X ($100ish, if MSRP) or a 3600x ($200ish MSRP), because the applications I'm running on one work machine are entirely single threaded, and the 3300x vs 3600x have the same single thread performance basically, so the 3300x is a pretty good economy CPU. It's about 50% faster in single thread performance than the 3000G, so a fair increase in performance for the double cost (if MSRP). If only we could get it at MSRP of course. Sadly we can buy the 5600x for MSRP but all these budget chips are inflated still. At this point I think my goal will be to just pick up a 5600X at MSRP (since they are actually common at MSRP now weirdly) for my primary workstation and move my 3700X into my gaming machine and then pick up a 3300x for my outside workstation to replace the 3000G out there once prices are better. I don't feel like gambling $130 from Korea or somewhere on the 3300X right now, and I'm not paying $150~180 here in the USA. I would probably pay $120 at this point here in the USA or MSRP if it ever gets there.

Very best,

It's not a $100 cpu if we cannot go into a store here and get one for $100; how about grabbing a $700 3080 FE on the BestBuy shelf later today when the store opens? ;)

One important thing to consider, the South Korean seller with thousands of positive feedback posts has no incentive to sell a bum product marked as new that is being shipped to the United States.

The current problem; for a new AM4 CPU in the USA, it is $150, that gets you a 1600 AF. That is just a waste of money going into a B550, Zen2 is the minimum right now for a new AM4 purchase for me.

A used 3600 (minus the outliers) still sells for more than the new 3300X from South Korea :confused:

For this situation, going into a friends build, that did not *need* the threads of a 3600, this was the best option; B550 lets them go to Zen3 and possibly Zen3+ in the future.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
It's not a $100 cpu if we cannot go into a store here and get one for $100; how about grabbing a $700 3080 FE on the BestBuy shelf later today when the store opens? ;)

One important thing to consider, the South Korean seller with thousands of positive feedback posts has no incentive to sell a bum product marked as new that is being shipped to the United States.

The current problem; for a new AM4 CPU in the USA, it is $150, that gets you a 1600 AF. That is just a waste of money going into a B550, Zen2 is the minimum right now for a new AM4 purchase for me.

A used 3600 (minus the outliers) still sells for more than the new 3300X from South Korea :confused:

For this situation, going into a friends build, that did not *need* the threads of a 3600, this was the best option; B550 lets them go to Zen3 and possibly Zen3+ in the future.

Sure, I'm not arguing the price from the ebay seller in Korea. I'm just not interesting in dealing with that kind of purchase because of the couriers, ie, the shipping. It's been bad lately, things arrive near destroyed, and I'm not looking forward to haggling with a shipping company or with paypal or any other stuff. I'm happy someone in Korea is selling them for an ok price (sad that it's acceptable, and ok, with how times are right now). I just personally don't want to fool with over seas shipping and what happens when something goes wrong with that.

Sadly all these low tier CPUs and ZEN2 CPUs are way over-priced. Again, a 5600x is available for $299 (MSRP) at most outlets. It's unclear why the lesser CPUs are holding a strange market place. The performance difference is vast. I wouldn't buy a 3600 for $200~225 when a 5600x is $299 and is significantly superior.

Hopefully the market adjusts, and the low end stuff goes back down to low end prices where they belong.

Very best,