AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 91degree with Prime95 26.6

AMD USER

Sep 17, 2018
I just ran Prime95 26.6 (smallFFT) i found the temperature went upto 92 degrees, the test lasted for about 4 minutes, is it normal temperature ?
92.jpg

I am using the Stock cooler.

Should i get a aftermarket CPU cooler ?

When the CPU is idle it is around 41C and while browsing it is between 45-59, I have not played any games so far
My specs are : AMD Ryzen 3 2200G( disable the VEGA 8 onboard graphics)
Asus Ex 320 Gaming motherboard
Gskill RAM 8GB(1 X 8)
Corsair VS 550
Zotac Geforce GTX 1050Ti

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That sounds... pretty high. Do you have it overclocked, or over-volted, at all? I know that the AMD stock heatsink isn't quite like the Intel ones with the dreaded push-pins, instead, it uses screws. Still, it's possible to screw down the heatsink, and have one of the screws not "bite" into the metal back-plate, so it's actually not connected at all four pressure-points.

Could you double-check that?

Edit: If its attached properly, the screws will finally stop turning, having gone in the maximum distance. If one keeps turning endlessly, it's not screwed in properly. Unscrew all of them, and try again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMD USER

AMD USER

Sep 17, 2018
That sounds... pretty high. Do you have it overclocked, or over-volted, at all? I know that the AMD stock heatsink isn't quite like the Intel ones with the dreaded push-pins, instead, it uses screws. Still, it's possible to screw down the heatsink, and have one of the screws not "bite" into the metal back-plate, so it's actually not connected at all four pressure-points.

No I have not Overclocked it at all, I just entered BIOS to Configure the Fan speed(CPU fan, CHA_1 fan )by my myself. I manually kept the fans to run at heavy duty (100%) when the temperature is above 49 (CPU temp) and same for the CPU fan too. But i don't think changing Fan speed might be the reason because I tested even before changing these Fan speed with Prime95 29version it was worse than this the CPU Temp went upto 92 with in 1-2 minutes.
I know that the AMD stock heatsink isn't quite like the Intel ones with the dreaded push-pins, instead, it uses screws. Still, it's possible to screw down the heatsink, and have one of the screws not "bite" into the metal back-plate, so it's actually not connected at all four pressure-points.

I will check it, and tighten the screws, so far i have never touched anything physically so i am quite afraid that I may damage it, anyhow just screwing it a bit more won't do any harm i hope. I will do that and run this test again and would definitely post the snaps here.

That sounds... pretty high.
Can you please tell me what should be the Ideal temperature for AMD Ryzen 3 2200G when running Prime95 26.6

Dave3dfx

Dec 27, 2017
Wraith stealth cooler is not adequate in my opinion for that APU , this 2200g & 2400g are the only Ryzen chips that use TIM between IHS and the cpu die, they are not soldered. Prime95 is a good synthetic test that really stress CPU workloads that you will not see in your daily tasks such as gaming, because it has GPU/CPU on one chip it can cause it to run even hotter, 91c is too hot for my comfort but not the end of the world I would definitely look into getting a good aftermarket cooler AIO or AIR it’s up to you and what fit your case and preference needs. Additionally you can delid the 2200g and apply liquid metal to bring temps down significantly and get even better results with aftermarket cooler. But be aware it’s more advanced enthusiast thing to do and there are plenty of videos and tutorials with proper delid kits available. Hope this helps and good luck, definitely start with just swapping out to a better cooler. After you swap run Prime95 for 30min and if temps stay 75c or under then you got the cooler you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk