AMD Roy Taylor "GK110 is not something which was designed to be a gfx"

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vesku

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2005
Exactly, it would have been incredibly easy for most folks except the idiots hired by AMD.

Possibly, but who knows? They did nothing to nail home the point or sell their products. They literally fumbled the entire interview. If anyone in AMD management doesn't have their head up their rectums (which is a stretch, no pun intended), those guys should never be allowed in a press conference again.

When they talk up their products they seem to sell fewer of them. My guess is it's Ruiz negative karma hanging around the place.

Gikaseixas

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2004
AMD evaded the question like if was a plague. Wouldn't hurt to admit that Titan is now the fastest single GPU and the best in the business overall. I like the 7970 but i'm no fool.
The price is where Nvidia failed at. The $400 7970 is almost as fast in some scenarios.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
AMD evaded the question like if was a plague. Wouldn't hurt to admit that Titan is now the fastest single GPU and the best in the business overall. I like the 7970 but i'm no fool.
The price is where Nvidia failed at. The $400 7970 is almost as fast in some scenarios.

I feel like this card is more targetting the engineer\professors looking for a cheaper alternative to Tesla to do some HPC work.