AMD R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 and NiceHash 1.8.1.5? Memory clock at idle?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What's going on? During the "benchmark" phase, it's been rebooting on me, and I finally got WattMan set to -20% power limit on each card (have two), but I'm noticing in HWMonitor that the memory clock on each GPU is hovering around 300Mhz on one of them, and 150Mhz on the other.

Any idea why? I was pretty certain mining was memory-intensive.

Do AMD drivers need to "key" off of a certain executable name, to know if they are executing something that needs memory clocks increased to max?

I am running the newest drivers (or at least, they're downloaded, have to verify which version I actually have running). I did not see a "Computation load: Graphics / Compute" option. I did disable the Crossfire option on the first card out of the two.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know much about nicehash or recommend it, but you should do checks to make sure they are getting enough power and are not throttling, and check for stability etc. You may want to try poolmining on an algo that is good for those cards, if there is one. It may be the 260X is too weak/not enough RAM for mining currently.