Question AMD R5 4500 release date/ cpu marks?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Anyone know when the release date is for this processor, or if anyone has gotten ahold of a copy and done any benchmarks? It looks like it is part of a new release of 'budget' processors from AMD......

Jul 27, 2020
April 4th. I'm guessing supplies will be very limited.
Why? Supplies should be more than enough if they hope to make profit. They can't be putting these things out for the sole purpose of gaining market share from Intel. If that IS their intent, they should give it away for $50 + cost of shipping, coz apparently that's what their actual cost is supposed to be.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Anyone know when the release date is for this processor, or if anyone has gotten ahold of a copy and done any benchmarks? It looks like it is part of a new release of 'budget' processors from AMD......
Why? Just like before, when you had the chance to buy a 3600 for $155, that I think I pointed out, but you refused due to not hitting your "magical" price point of $150, and not buying it... you'll wait for these to release, except they won't be MSRP except possibly launch day for an hour, because they are a limited release to get rid of otherwise scrap dies, and you'll refuse to buy them because "not MSRP".

Wait a year, rinse, repeat.

For gosh sakes, make an executive decision, or buy used or something.

Asterox

Golden Member
May 15, 2012

One question, why did you started new thread for what reason?Zen 2/Renoir thread it already exists, is it so hard(old thread is not invisible) to ask question in old thread?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
>Why? Just like before, when you had the chance to buy a 3600 for $155, that I think I pointed out, but you refused due to not hitting your "magical" price point of $150, and not buying
I actually DID buy a 3600 for $150, shipped. I'm just always curious about any new 'budget' processors that are announced. So far, I haven't seen anything even close to the Ryzen 1600 that Micro Center had for 80 bucks for a year...... still hoping we might see a fantastic deal like that again for building a few systems........

>why did you started new thread for what reason?Zen 2/Renoir thread it already exists
One of the announced 'budget' processors is Zen3.........

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I actually DID buy a 3600 for $150, shipped.
I stand corrected, I apologize.

And if someone could just point me to the best bang/buck out of these new CPUs, which are a mixture of Vermeer, Cezeene, and Renoir, for an ancient B350 board, a Gigabyte Gaming or Gaming 3, I'm all ears. Asking on behalf of someone still running an R3 1200, which was intended to be a place-holder, and he's getting lower-than 60fps game performance @ 1080P with an RX 570.

The various BIOS implications of these new budget CPUs really mess me up. A beta bios with AGESA 1.2.0.7, is likely what's needed.

Edit: Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3 ATX board, has a T52d BIOS that enables Vermeer and Renoir on this board. The vanilla Gaming board (no 3), does not, although both boards are near identical, both layout and and feature-wise, and share most of their early BIOS revisions. (Download ZIP files are named gaming or gaming_3 as appropriate, but otherwise identical BIOS revision numbers and notes.)

Would a cross-flash of T52d be in order? Is it possible that it would work on the Gaming board (no 3), but they just didn't update the BIOS / CPU support list, because it's a hair too old and missed their cutoff, or otherwise, they're waiting to support it?

Last edited:

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
>And if someone could just point me to the best bang/buck out of these new >CPUs, which are a mixture of Vermeer, Cezeene, and Renoir, for an ancient B350

This brings up an interesting question: do manufacturers publish how long they will support a board with BIOS updates, so that purchasers know how long they will be supported, or is it totally just a guessing game?

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
>And if someone could just point me to the best bang/buck out of these new >CPUs, which are a mixture of Vermeer, Cezeene, and Renoir, for an ancient B350

This brings up an interesting question: do manufacturers publish how long they will support a board with BIOS updates, so that purchasers know how long they will be supported, or is it totally just a guessing game?

Probally depends on how many unsold boards they have laying around.

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013

We are discussing that on the renoir thread.

To put it simple...
They updated A320(they are still in production). So A320 = Renoir+Vermeer+Vermeer B2 (no Cezanne)
People complained and they decided to support X370 as well. X370 should get the same as A320 as with new bios updates.

B350 should be able to get Renoir support, and probably only Renoir (AMD is blocking Vermeer at agesa level for B350/X370). AS far as i know, only Gigabyte released bios updates to support Renoir on B350s.

And no Cezanne for 300 series because AMD says so, this includes the new 5500 (it is being blocked at agesa level).

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
We are discussing that on the renoir thread.

To put it simple...
They updated A320(they are still in production). So A320 = Renoir+Vermeer+Vermeer B2 (no Cezanne)
People complained and they decided to support X370 as well. X370 should get the same as A320 as with new bios updates.

B350 should be able to get Renoir support, and probably only Renoir (AMD is blocking Vermeer at agesa level for B350/X370). AS far as i know, only Gigabyte released bios updates to support Renoir on B350s.

And no Cezanne for 300 series because AMD says so, this includes the new 5500 (it is being blocked at agesa level).
And yet (with time) I'm guessing all of these chips will be supported by A320. That chipset has aged REALLY well, all things considered.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER