"AMD Phenom delayed until 1Q08"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Originally posted by: covert24
thats because amd is making a true quad core.

That may be True but people like me who have been long time AMD supporters are starting to feel like were in a corner and can't get out. Right now I can't wait any longer and I'm going for the E6850 the day it comes out.

Quads are nice but my primary concern with Q's are Heat and the recent batch comes in at about 130W. Other thing is that very few apps or games are using all cores right now.

If in the near future (meaning 2-6 months) AMD releases an affordable 65W Quad or if I see an Intel Q6600 with the G0 stepping I'm all in but in the meantime it's Pure Ghz/Price/Efficiency over cores right now for me and the E6850 is it.

Sorry AMD but I just can't wait anymore.

Gary Key

Sep 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Idontcare
So let's see who is more believable here...the mobo guys who have repeatedly been correct thus far everytime they utter anything to do with delayed, buggy, and slow speed-bin K10...OR the chip manufacturer who has repeatedly denied every story effecting such on both R600 and K10?

I would bet on the motherboard manufacturers. ;)