Question AMD moves Ryzen Zen 4 launch to same day as Intel's Raptor Lake

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Just saw on wccftech, AMD has moved the release of Ryzen 7000 to the same exact day of Intel's release, on September 27.

What's the point of this?

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
Just saw on wccftech, AMD has moved the release of Ryzen 7000 to the same exact day of Intel's release, on September 27.
That's not what wccftech is reporting: on the 27th Intel is supposed to unveil/announce Raptor Lake, while AMD is supposed to start selling Zen4 after announcing it weeks earlier.

Since they both launch on the same day, I bet you will see benchmarks of BOTH on launch day.
See above, they're not launching the same day.

Kedas

Dec 6, 2018
It would only be the sales that move 2 weeks.
Making sure nobody calls it a paper launch, I don't know...
Maybe then intel's CPU isn't newer, the latest CPU.

Maybe don't give intel 2 weeks to set up an 'unfair' compare power-point to make Ryzen look bad, hurting the sales.
If intel doesn't have the Ryzen CPU they can't present a compare, although I would think that the reviews will already be out so comparing would be possible....

Probably something psychological. (somebody must be overthinking it ;) )

I don't think they can move up the press embargo date without making a mess of it. (unless they haven't shipped any CPU yet)

Or they found a bug and need some extra time to sort out bios updates before the sales start.

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011
No offense but AMD has shipped CPUs when all sorts of things were broken. How's that USB working for everyone years later? I don't think it's related to a bug they know they can fix with firmware.

But something to do with positioning relative to Intel. Improved availability, maybe.

Reactions: pcp7

Joe NYC

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2021
Since they both launch on the same day, I bet you will see benchmarks of BOTH on launch day.

Announcement of Zen 4 (and AMD benchmarks) should come on August 29.
There was a rumor that NDAs would be lifted on September 13 (and independent reviews / testing / benchmark results posted), 2 days before the retail availability, but this day may have changed too...

inf64

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2011
Well, now we know that AMD will host the unveiling event on Aug 29, along with their own benchmarks so people will know how it performs against top AL and 5800X3D. Plenty of time to make a decision. I think that many will actually wait for the Raptor Lake event just to see what performance and price they can expect from intel as well.